UTG1 = ($4.93)
      UTG2 (Hero) = ($18.00)
      MP1 = ($22.09)
      MP2 = ($6.55)
      MP3 = ($14.58)
      CO = ($6.79)
      BU = ($7.45)

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with K, K.
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, MP1 calls $0.25, 4 folds, SB calls $0.23, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.8) Q, 8, 7 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.64, Hero raises to $1.28, MP1 folds, SB raises to $3.90, Hero raises to $6.52, SB calls $0.85.

Turn: ($12.07) A (2 players)

River: ($12.07) 7 (2 players)

Final Pot: $12.07.
      Results follow:

SB shows a full-house, eights full of sevens(8 8).
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and sevens(K K).

SB wins with a full-house, eights full of sevens(8 8).

SB was raising and calling a lot of pots, thought he could possibly be playing AQ
  • 3 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

first of all: Please use a hand converter!
      Without the suits of the flop it's very hard, if not impossible to evaluate the hand.

Preflop: Do you raise 5BB as bluff or with marginal hands as well?
      Flop: SB donks which can mean anything. Please don't minraise! Just make a normal raise to protect against draws. As played: Fold to 3-bet if SB is on the passive side; if he is aggressive AND flushdraw is possible I'd just stick it in for 100BB.

Please don't post results!

Best regards,
      Anin
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Raising 5bb is fine at nl5 if you have fishy players behind, it's not like they care about the extra bb's most of the time. The times it costs you a little action against regs won't big enough of a fact to warrant your worrying about being exploitable overall, the extra money you make from bad players will trump those losses.

On the flop as AninIII said without the suits it's a pain but unless you know villain is tight/passive which it looks like he isn't, make it $2 on that board and call a shove when in doubt. Don't raise/fold it, villains won't take a bigdonk/fold line that often, you don't gain much information when they jam over your raise they'll likely do it with a lot of what they led out with so there is no way you can confidently fold at that point once you're getting like 2.5:1 on a call.

Hope it helps.
    • Dur73
      Dur73
      Bronze
      If im sitting at a table with fishy opponents that i think will pay me off i raise larger with a wide range of hands if im in position. I used the poker strategy hand converter so im not sure why the suits don't show?