play with regs or not?

• miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      hi guys,
      courently im having break because my final bachalor exams so i made little reaserch of players playing my sng limits and there i find intresting thing so i wanna discus somthing:
      (im playing 45mans sng)

at 26$- there are ~65% regulars (players having constantly wining ROI over 2k games)

at 75$ there are like ~80% regulars

this means like having 4-7 regs on table every time...

is there a reason to play those games?.. What is your advise to beat this guys?
      Should i find another game?

i have my own thoughts about math and those questions but im realy forward to hear yours..

thanks michael..
  • 6 replies
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      if u can play enough tables u can still have a decent hourly, but there certainly are better games out there imo
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      this doesnt seem right to me.. the player pool is massive for these games. maybe its just the time of day?
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      made this observations at 16:00-20:00 ET ... after exams i will try to make full scale, whole 24h ... hoping to find time where % of regs lie somewhere around 50% ..

and i will try to find best strategy to outplay tags.. or just play loose at the beginning to acumulate chips for my latter advantage..
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      options:

1. play tourns with bigger fields. if you're good at 45man sngs you can learn a bit more postflop and play bigger mtts.

2. play on fishier sites. may be a problem cause of lack of traffic for 45man sngs. resolve by playing on multiple sites at once.
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      Thank you chenny, will try those
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      I hope you are exaggerating the number of regs, but if not, then those games do not sound profitable without a great rakeback deal.

Some players multitable so much that they don't pay attention to whether the games are good or not. Shorter downswings happen often, so they may keep going until they see they have been losing consistently for 2000 tournaments. Of course, some will get lucky and will win for a while, so they will play for thousands of tournaments with a negative ROI. That means it is possible for the games to be unbeatable for a long time before the multitablers move on to other types of tournaments.

You can focus on exploiting some of the regs. Some have a predictable style, and do things like give up their blinds too often, or fold to 3-bets too often, or they fold postflop whenever they stop betting and you bet. However, it is the casual players who keep the games going, not the weaker regs, and you should try to find games with fewer regs rather than trying to exploit serious players. If you have the skills to beat reg-infested games, you can make even more in softer fields.