Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10,15
      MP3:
      $12,66

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:heart: , Q:club:
      Hero raises to $0,40, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0,40, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0,95) J:heart: , T:spade: , 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,70, MP3 calls $0,70.

Turn: ($2,35) A:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,00, MP3 raises to $6,18, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $10,53

im just wondering if i should do it differently :)
  • 2 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      I would bet a little less on the flop - like $0.5 since you're OOP against a station and you don't rly have much and you'll likely be forced to check/fold on the turn a lot.

I'd also bet less on the turn $1.3/4 just to give him a bit more chance to call with Kx etc. Easy fold when he raises - he so often has two pair their imo. I don't think there is much to gain in check/calling because it puts in awkward river spots and I think there is more value against his player type by betting out. Obviously don't want to touch his raise on the turn given his stats.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by amplifyd
      I would bet a little less on the flop - like $0.5 since you're OOP against a station and you don't rly have much and you'll likely be forced to check/fold on the turn a lot.

I'd also bet less on the turn $1.3/4 just to give him a bit more chance to call with Kx etc. Easy fold when he raises - he so often has two pair their imo. I don't think there is much to gain in check/calling because it puts in awkward river spots and I think there is more value against his player type by betting out. Obviously don't want to touch his raise on the turn given his stats.
      Agreed on the lines you should take. As for villain's range on the turn, KQ anyone? His AF seems a bit high but it's probably only because of the small sample size.

Hope it helps.