[NL2-NL10] NL$10 rivered flush

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Soo, back from the dead. Ive been playing some on another site and have had a break from poker too but here I am, back posting at PS :) .

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $3.55
      BB: $13.85
      UTG: $10.00
      UTG+1: $3.20
      MP1: $8.00
      MP2: $4.20
      MP3: $8.75
      CO: $4.00
      Hero (BTN): $9.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt 6 7 (9 Players)
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, BB checks

Flop: ($0.40) 4 7 J (4 Players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.40) 3 (4 Players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.40) 5 (4 Players)
      SB bets $0.40, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.60, SB calls $1.20

Pot Size: $3.60 ($0.35 Rake)

Would it have been better to just smoothcall here or was it correct to raise him the pot as played?
  • 4 replies
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      You have to reraise here. Your hand is well disguised, you made a runner runner and it's not likely that your opponent will have one aswell.
      The only time when it's ok to call here is when he is really passive normally
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yeah I thought so too, but its always nice to hear it from others as well :)
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi snowylee!

Welcome back! ;) I would bet the turn here. Everyone checked to you twice. You have middle pair plus flush and straight draw. You should be able to take down the pot right there. As played I would raise the river as well. Any two pair or another six can bet here. It isn't necessarily a better flush so you should try to get more value.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yeah ok, I will try to keep that in mind. Or rather, Ive done some really unnecessary aggression in situations like this, or very similar situations and donked off some very unnecessary cash like that so those times when I dont go total postal lol, I guess Im a bit too careful. I did that postal thing this very last session lol. I really do need to read up and better myself in that aspect I believe :) . Hehe ok this got a bit long for just a reply to this hand hehe ^^