Looking for advice

• SirVanek
      SirVanek
      Bronze
      Or a good word.

Long story short, i'm running pretty bad last 10-30 day. I started to switch to SH (and omaha completely) like 3 months ago. Still just SH maybe like a 1 1/2 month ago (ofcourse played before that to but mixed with FR and HiLo).
      Started on Stars and ended not good , like ~130-150$/10kish hand (but EV was ~0 ). And yeah these were 20-50BB tables mostly so 10-15 stack.
      Then got like 8k hand on party, with winnings close to 0.
      These were small bonuses, so i didn't switched because i believe in conspiracy theories :)

Now i'm on FTP and running very bad.

Most of non rush non CAP hands is shallow again, so this 400$ would be like 30-35 stack.

I think i don't play this bad, but i begin to wonder. While i'm sure i make mistakes (and at reviews i see a couple) but most of my plays looks standard (for example 22 pre AI , 8 win+1split = -103$, EV: +38$ ; Or preflop 3bet pots where on flop i push AI, again most of them +50% equity - cap/shallow hands).

So, does anything looks bad? Yeah, i know i'm pretty tight but heck i don't have the guts to be more loose. Non showdown winnings to low?
      And the most important question (while i know nobody can answer it from just stats) can i be a very bad player with this huge winnings/EV diff ?

And again i know 12k hand doesnt mean much, but i'm starting to loose confidence, and yeah BR to (ok, is not that bad the BR yet).
  • 4 replies
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      First of all, FTP is the toughest there is, so you got to be more aggressive both pre and post flop or else you will get run over.
      Ofc your're not a 'very bad player', this sample size is too small to make any firm conclusions. Non-showdown winnings are kind of standard for RUSH games, should be better in normal games.
      Increasing your open raising range and 3-bet range in position should do you good :f_cool:
      Variance is a bitch, yada-yada, it's been told a million times. I too am in a deep hole right now, trying to luck my way back. It just happens, keep posting hands, reviewing your game, and you will be alright (not if you keep your PFR 9. Seriously man, raise more preflop, 3-bet more, surprisingly it does make your life easier because with shorter effective stack postflop your top pair suddenly has alot of value).
    • SirVanek
      SirVanek
      Bronze
      I'm not really sure about increasing 3b%. for example today i got called down on a 3bet pot and Axx board (and ofc not once i had AAxx). I lost more to these bluff than what i gained in the other 3b hands. And when should i bluff cbet with 6789 if not on Axx flop?
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      Goes to show that you can't win every pot. Also well played barrelling A high board, standard stuff. Just take a note on what he called you down with.

I dont know, I guess you could just try play your cards, but that does not work well for me. I raise more and 3-bet more than I used to and it is working out fine for me. Maybe you need to find your own suitable style of play. Good luck :f_cool:

Also I know some guys literally have 0% 3-bet and are winning players. Small ball ftw.
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      You should also pay attention to your non-showdown winnings. Especially when people don't give you action to your nuts (or at least lot of it), you'll seriously kill your winrate if you give up the small spots.

Start barreling with air onto paired boards, flushed boards, bet from position when nobody shows interest. It's surprisingly effective. Also yeah, get your PFR up, especially in shorthanded limping is not very effective. That or limp 40% hands, that seems to work too. :f_biggrin: