Various installation problems

• Ph1l1pp3
      Ph1l1pp3
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I installed Elephant RC 0.83.1221.2022 yesterday and ran into some problems :

- it asked me twice to create a db (after I actually did I got the same screen asking to create one, I clicked on Ok then it said sthg like oh, you already have one)
      - it was a fresh installation and the software did'nt open on the "welcome page" but rather on the "Import page" which was empty.
      - I copied some xml files from William Hill into the Titan history folder in order to import some hands then the software crashed. It asked me if I wanted to send a bug report, I clicked OK then nothing happened for 15 minutes and I had to kill the process

Btw, after these episodes the thingie is now running perfectly with major performance improvements. Very good work guys !
  • 3 replies
    • MichaelWagner42
      MichaelWagner42
      Bronze
      Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
      We are very happy that you are satisfied with the new Elephant!

Regarding your issues:
      - The create db issue is known and will be solved once we have re-implemented the database administration (which will be some time after the release)

- The import page may be shown when the Elephant finds some hand histories to import in the poker client hand history folders. Where there some hands in the lower list of the import page?

- Can you send us these William Hill hand histories to investigate? Does the Elephant now import your WH hand history files when you copy them into the Titan Poker HH folder?

Thanks
      Michael
    • Ph1l1pp3
      Ph1l1pp3
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MichaelWagner42
      - The import page may be shown when the Elephant finds some hand histories to import in the poker client hand history folders. Where there some hands in the lower list of the import page?

No, the page was all empty.

Originally posted by MichaelWagner42

- Can you send us these William Hill hand histories to investigate? Does the Elephant now import your WH hand history files when you copy them into the Titan Poker HH folder?
      Yes (by email?). Now it works perfectly: when I copy/paste the xml files from the WH folder to the Titan folder all hands are imported on the fly (although I had like 7 "Daily performance" dialog boxes opening on the right of my screen when the Elephant was minimized).
    • MichaelWagner42
      MichaelWagner42
      Bronze
      Hi,

Yes please by email: Send them to elephant(at)pokerstrategy.com.

Thanks.

Ciao
      Michael