[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Kk

• amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      SB 21/13 reggish. BB fishy.

Preflop was standard and I try to make it look like 4b bluff to get a light 5b from SB.

Off the flop I saw little point in betting - really I am expecting him to have PP more often that AK and so we sit to gain no value imo from betting. I have Kc so don't need to protect (not from his 1/2 outer anyway).

Turn is like the best card ever and is there anypoint in actually betting again given that we're in position? I thought I should try and let him hit his 1/2 "outs" or try to let him see a spade. Plus by checking I reinforce the 4b bluff idea preflop.

River was obvious shove.

Should I be betting on earlier streets for value or can I take this line?

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      4 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      CO ($11.61)
      Hero ($37.47)
      SB ($12.14)
      BB ($9.65)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 4 players) Hero is BTN K:diamond: K:spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.30, SB raises to $1, BB calls $0.90, Hero raises to $2.80, SB calls $1.80, BB folds

Flop: 3:spade: 5:spade: A:spade: ($6.60, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: K:club: ($6.60, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: 5:heart: ($6.60, 2 players)
      SB bets $3, Hero goes all-in $34.67, SB goes all-in $6.34, SB says "nh"
  • 4 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop: Good, as long as you 4-bet the same amount as bluff to balance your lines.
      Flop: b/c, 3,50$, because even if he has Ax you have 11 outs, against 1-card flushdraws you NEED to protect. You don't want to see a 4th spade falling, because it either kills your hand or the action.
      Turn: b/c, same reasons as on flop.
      River: nh

Best regards,
      Anin
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Do you really think SB can put you on a 4-bet bluff and 5-bet jam light after you 4-bet into both him and the loose dumb station fish? I think it's debatable and mostly he'd need a strong hand to go on. Then again it's not like you have any other option but to 4-bet so provided you balance your sizing it's a moot point.

I agree with you on the flop, I'm not looking to force the action against Ax hands even with 11 outs we're still behind and given the A on board it's not that likely he'll mess with us with worse draws too much when we c-bet there. So I'm fine seeing the turn and reevaluating then.

On the turn I'd throw in a smallish bet, Ax hands won't fold to just one bet and it looks like he's not going to play aggressively with whatever he has anyway. Also instead of 2 cards left to come for him to hit a worse flush and for us to cooler him, we only have 1 by the turn, which means it's increasingly unlikely it's gonna happen, so we should try and get value of the other parts of his range if possible. If we make it like half pot he might even stick around with a random spade anyway.

Not much to say about the river on your side obviously. I have no idea what the hell he's doing tho. I'd have expected all sets and most flushes to bet the turn into you, so for him to suddenly bet/call that river either he's valuebetting somewhat thing and calling off because of pot odds or he tried to slowplay a flopped flush on you and got burned for it.

Hope it helps.
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AninIII
      Flop: b/c, 3,50$, because even if he has Ax you have 11 outs, against 1-card flushdraws you NEED to protect. You don't want to see a 4th spade falling, because it either kills your hand or the action.
      Anin
      Uhm OP has the nut FD. So your comment is from villain POV then?
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tampaloeres81
      Originally posted by AninIII
      Anin
      Uhm OP has the nut FD. So your comment is from villain POV then?
      Sorry, my mistake.
      I didn't see that hero has the K of spades.
      -