[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Tt

• amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      UTG+1 fish. BB is a good tag reg.

I think I was a little too light to call down here. BB does look like he has PP and deep I think he is more likely to just call with like small overpair or his flushdraws - because if he is thinking - no need to turn into semibluff because I have such wide range.

So my question is what is better - to fold flop or to call once/twice? I ended up levelling myself into calling him down because I though "what if he has busted spades" but the more I think about his range consists of only like AsXs, 22, 77, 55 and some random crap but more him to bluff all way to river with random crap is rly sick. Because we are deep is it better to just fold the flop to avoid the marginal spots Im going to have on the turn and river and leaving myself 2 outs for the most part.

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($11.54)
      UTG+1 ($3.81)
      CO ($8.44)
      Hero ($19.07)
      SB ($10.56)
      BB ($14.79)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is BTN 10:club: 10:diamond:
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.40, 1 fold, BB calls $0.30, UTG+1 calls $0.30

Flop: 2:diamond: 7:spade: 5:spade: ($1.25, 3 players)
      BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.70, BB raises to $2.50, UTG+1 folds, [color="#cc0000"] Hero?
  • 2 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

if BB is a good reg, than he knows, that you might isolate the fish light. BUT when you b/c flop your hand is face up as an overpair. So BB can play perfectly against you. He either barrels 3 times with his bluff to make you fold the overpair, which you should. Or he barrels 150BB deep with his set for value.
      I guess I either check behind on flop and see what villain does on turn. If he bets you can c/c, c/f I guess. If he checks again on turn, you can b/f.
      As played b/f to avoid variance.

What did he have.
      Let's see what the judges think.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by AninIII
      Hi,

if BB is a good reg, than he knows, that you might isolate the fish light. BUT when you b/c flop your hand is face up as an overpair. So BB can play perfectly against you. He either barrels 3 times with his bluff to make you fold the overpair, which you should. Or he barrels 150BB deep with his set for value.
      I guess I either check behind on flop and see what villain does on turn. If he bets you can c/c, c/f I guess. If he checks again on turn, you can b/f.
      As played b/f to avoid variance.

What did he have.
      Let's see what the judges think.

Best regards,
      Anin
      Sounds about right.

Also notice that BB could do that with a premium pair to give the shortstacked fish in there and then play it exactly like that postflop regardless the semi-deep stacks since stuff like KK+ basically equals 22 on that board. Against a range of draws/sets/big pairs you're really doing poorly with TT, I think it's better to just dump it as played. We don't even know if villain would raise all his draws, calling to let the fish stick around with worse draws and random crap is an okay option when it's so likely you have whiffed overcards / overpairs yourself. If you check back the turn he can bluff the river putting you on random overcards, if you bet again he can put you on an overpair and play accordingly, most likely fold.

Whether we should check back the flop to begin is open to debate, I'd say the fish is worth too much to us to check that back in general. There are too many overcards to our TT that could screw us over on later streets 3-way and since I don't believe villain will check/raise (semi-)bluff often enough to make it unprofitable for us to c-bet/fold, I'm not worried about bet/folding the best hand or anything.

Hope it helps.