[NL2-NL10] 20$ NL J 3 in the BB (FR)

• rrwillem
      rrwillem
      Bronze
      I just want to hear if I did this smart. I have J 3 in the BB, 5 limpers total.

Flop Q J J

I check to see what happens, UTG bets half the pot and the guy after goes all in for 6$ :-/ I started the hand with 4.70$(bought in for 4$). I would have to call 4.50$ to win the originall 1,20$ in the pot. What would you do? :o
  • 4 replies
    • Mystrapoker
      Mystrapoker
      Bronze
      If he went all-in he probably flopped a fullhouse. Did he call or bet or check before the flop? If you know him to be a tight player and he called/checked before the flop then its unlikely he has QQ. 96.11% of the hands are weaker than yours:

Stronger hands - 3.89% - 42 hands out of 1081:
      Full house 6 combations 0.56%
      Same hand, higher kicker 36 combinations 3.33%

If he went all-in he probably has one queen (you beat him), two queens(he beats you), a jack with one of the 11 kickers that are better than your, or he has a pair in his hole cards, which give him two pairs (you beat that too).

So I would fold here, if I had a better kicker (maybe J10+), then I might have called...
    • rrwillem
      rrwillem
      Bronze
      I insta-folded because of the action going so fast. Bet + All-in within a second. Figured 1 must have me beat and I didnt really commit much. No flush draws out there and he could have limped anything J T+

Now comes the sad part: It becomes an all-in show down between both and they show:

UTG: T K for an open ended straight draw
      UTG +1: 8 9 for a gutshot straight draw.

Thats just sick right? Just wanted to hear I aint alone on this one. I ended up more then doubling up on before I left, so eventually it was all good :)
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi rrwillem!

Why don't you bet out right away? You have trips and want to get money from your opponents. If you bet and get raised it's an easy all-in. You are ahead most of the time. If you run into a full house or a better J it's just bad luck. But more often you will see pocket pairs or straight draws like in your case.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      With 3 Jacks on a rainbow board, you do not check and allow these players to push you out of the pot, since their action might be indicating a better hand. Instead you want to get your money in the middle of the table, since you often hold the best hand here. QQ is very unlikley in an unraised pot and a better Jack isn´t out their very often as well.

So like Puschkin said, bet 2/3 Pot here and move All-In after a re-raise (even if their is another caller after a reraise).