SHC Call or Fold for cards not in the First In Chart??

• bunjow
      bunjow
      Bronze
      I know it's been asked (and answered) a lot concerning the Fold instead of Raise when then hand is lot listed in the First In Chart, but I haven't found any info on the CALL recomendation when the hand is NOT listed in the First In Chart.

Ex,

You're in UTG2 and there's ONE limper in front of you.

The 'callers in front of you' chart says with:
      QTs you call
      QJs you raise

The First In Chart says Q2-QJs can't be raised from UTG2.

I'm clear from the instructions that if you held QJs you would NOT raise and are supposed to Fold, HOWEVER, why would you Call with QTs and Fold with QJs?

Shouldn't you either Call with both of them here or Fold with both of them?

If so, which? Call or Fold?

If you DO Fold both of them, then wouldn't that apply to xx/- recomendations as well?

Like the suited connectors for instance (or the Trap hands from the 'Raiser and Callers in front' chart), lots of times those cards won't be listed in the First In Chart, but will be in the 'Callers in front of you' charts as an instruction to Call. Should these ones also be Folded instead?

Up to this point, I've been Calling with those particular hands instead of Folding, just because (according to the 'callers in front' chart) I would have Called if those cards had of been too low in rank to Raise.

It would put my mind at ease though with a little clarity on the issue...

Thanks

(love the strategy and website btw)
  • 3 replies
    • AJSK
      AJSK
      Bronze
      Someone didn't read the article that came with the advanced SHC...

In this context you have to make sure that the hand you are raising with is also listed in the 3-bet against a raise chart. With TT, for example, you would not raise if the original raise was made by an UTG or an UTG+1 player. In this case, you would simply call (you would call here with 55 or better).
    • bunjow
      bunjow
      Bronze
      Wow, I completely overlooked that passage. Good find.

Seems so obvious now... Damn.

Thanks very much.
    • AJSK
      AJSK
      Bronze
      Hmm, I must be a bit off myself, because that's referring to a different section of the chart, lol. Regardless, the concept is the same, if you should not raise, then you should call if applicable; otherwise fold.