[NL2-NL10] NL10 - QQ serious action from button

• Genkidesuka
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q.
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU raises to $0.80, SB folds, Hero raises to $2.50, 2 folds, BU raises to $4.60, Hero calls $2.10.

Flop: ($9.45) 5, T, T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $5.69, Hero calls $5.69.

Should have shoved pre btw.

Can I get away or is this a fistpump shove? Against which position would you begin to think about folding QQ?
  • 2 replies
    • captainmono
      I probably would have flatted the 8X raise. Depending on villains stats. if he's like a 14/10 or somewhere around there then i'd flat and see a flop for .80

as played, id c/c flop. and probably fold turn to a big bet. he's got KK or AA if he's got tight stats.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Hard to say with no reads on villain. QQ play is probably the single most controversial topic at microstakes because of such spots. If villain is a huge nit that is 8x'ing over some limpers we're already screwed before we even enter the pot, if he's some insane maniac we crush him bad. So if we 3-bet we simply get ourselves into a spot where we have to risk a stack with a complete guess.

I generally believe QQ is overplayed too much preflop compared to the small amount of players that are actually capable of throwing out 4-bets with less than KK+, so I tend to avoid situations where I might get into a 3-bet/??? spot with that hand altogether. Others do fine anyway always felting it, tho they usually have a far crazier image than I have. Just play out a decent amount of hands and look at what your profits are with QQ when you get it in preflop, you'll see whether it's working out for you or not.

If you're gonna play it with a 3-bet, then yes you need to jam it preflop to make sure AK goes broke as well and you can't fold that flop ever getting that price. If you wanna fold that flop you likely shouldn't 3-bet/call with it too begin with and prefer 3-bet/folding (which hurts) or just flatting to begin with.

Hope it helps.