Bad experience on NL5 - Moving up too fast from NL2

• blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      So all of a sudden I decided that the game in NL2 was too random (I can raise with KK and be called by someone with 68 suited and, sometimes, be rivered by two pair) and decided to play NL5.

Lost 10$ in 2 days.

My first impression of NL5 was that people are far ahead of those on NL2. OF COURSE that NL5 is still rookie level, but in comparison with NL2 it is ahead. People c-bet more, tightness is much greater and when there is involvement on a pot, it usually gets big.

I neglected the 25 buy-in rule and played NL5 with a $76 bankroll. Not good. It made me play scared money all the way and serioulsy disturbed my judgement.

Did anybody have an experience like that recently, when moving up too fast?

PS: Now I'll build that $100 bankroll before giving another shot on NL5 :s_biggrin:
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Played some NL2 and NL5 but neither is to my liking. What can I say is that they are both the same: as long as you don't get too tricky or "loosy-goosy" you win easily just a lot less than you expect. Or than I expected. So I moved to SnGs. Btw, 25*5 = 125 so that should be your BR if you go for strict BRM. If you at least 4-table it's a good ideea to have even more. GL!
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      I would play NL5 with 70$ and could consider looking back if dropping down to 40$, but you have to be more or less sure about yourself. There's a bit more regs, but still... Just don't be afraid, BRM is important, but don't lose time at lower limit, when you can move up. GL!
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Hey guys... thanks for the support. Somehow I noticed that after having a good look at my leaks of NL5 I came back a bit better player on NL2. I have some 18k hands by now and $71 on my bankroll. I'll play until I have $100 or 40k hands and then move up, whatever comes first.