[NL2-NL10] QQ 3way pot

• alberts1955
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q.
      UTG2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, BB folds, UTG2 calls $0.14, MP3 calls $0.11.

Flop: ($0.5) K, J, 2 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.32, UTG2 calls $0.20, MP3 calls $0.25(All-In).

Turn: ($1.27) A (3 players)

River: ($1.27) T (3 players)

Final Pot: $1.27.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a straight, ace high(Q Q).
      MP3 shows two pairs, kings and jacks(K J).
      UTG2 shows two pairs, aces and tens(T A).

Hero wins with a straight, ace high(Q Q).

hmm all i can say that they both are fishes, as most of ppl in that limit.
      but thats not the point.
      i remember when gerv did shove with mid pair with J+ kicker, altho those were HU flops.

so what should i do in this case, in 3way pot? check fold? cuz if i just bet then i have no other choise to call a shove anyways?
  • 2 replies
    • Gerv
      Hello Alberts,

First I would like to point out that posting results is not a thing I would recommend because we are judging/commenting on your hands based on Preflop, Flop, Turn & River :)

Your preflop size is ok, adding 1bb doesn't hurt though and also shoving is an option here on 2NL. If you have the feeling that a big fish is on the table that will call a $0.48 bet anyways then just shove it in

as played on the Flop, I would check/fold because chances are exponentially bigger that someone has Kx. Also you get to know more about their hands if they check back flop

The check is ofcourse an intention to check/fold assuming Jx wouldn't bet as often as Kx

best regards,
    • alberts1955
      so check/fold is the best choise in here :)