This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SSS tips?

• vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      I played two sessions of 1k hands each, ended up even, and had some issues which wouldn't allow me to make money:
      *players went from 9 to 6-7 in seconds, and there was usually at least one sitting out.
      *those tables I chose would go from 30%-40% players/flop to less than 20% easily. Just before ending my second session, I checked it out and most of my tables were in the bottom of the lobby (when filtered by players/flop), when all I did was choosing the top tables.
      *Couldn't take advantage of the hands I got, I guess it's related to what I said before, most of the people were calling stations who open limped but folded to any raise.

so any tips? does it make a difference on what time I play? I guess my problem was I couldn't spot the fishes...
  • 8 replies
    • strosdegoz
      strosdegoz
      Bronze
      I play over 8,000 hands daily and I don't have any problems with the tables!
      What level are you playing?

I play NL10 and I just choose the tables with the biggest avg. pot, I play for hours without having any tables problems, when members leave in some tables I just find new ones, I play 24 tables and only get to change 1-3 tables every 15 minutes or so in average.
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      I play NL25.
      I'll try filtering them by biggest pot, maybe it'll work out better that way.
      Maybe I'll start playing NL10, I have $150 on PS but I better find out how to get a decent winrate first :)
      I'm getting Poker Tracker next week btw, that might help a little :P
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      You can't expect to make a great win rate by using SSS. SSS is good for grinding 20 tables and you'll probably make more money via rakeback then BB/100hands.
    • strosdegoz
      strosdegoz
      Bronze
      Another tip for getting good tables is to join those with a big waiting list, you will have to wait but when you enter the table its always going to be full.
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      Well, I'm actually planning on grinding around 20~ tables MatejM47.

[quote][i]Another tip for getting good tables is to join those with a big waiting list, you will have to wait but when you enter the table its always going to be full. [/quote]
      Ohh good idea. I usually join low waiting list tables.
      What I find most annoying about PS is that you always have to join loooong waiting lists, unlike FT or partypoker, where there are usually 1-2 people waiting. But oh well, PS is the only place where you can shortstack at more than 8 tables at the same time.
    • strosdegoz
      strosdegoz
      Bronze
      vmarqui I find this strange I normally start playing at 24 tables in less than 10 minutes. from NL10 <. Really don't know about the higher level since I am not playing in these yet.
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      I think I'll get used to it. It just was too different in FT lol, just had to join all the eight tables available.
    • alberts1955
      alberts1955
      Bronze
      actualy u can earn nice cash by SSS and im not talkin about rake