SSS tips?

• vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      I played two sessions of 1k hands each, ended up even, and had some issues which wouldn't allow me to make money:
      *players went from 9 to 6-7 in seconds, and there was usually at least one sitting out.
      *those tables I chose would go from 30%-40% players/flop to less than 20% easily. Just before ending my second session, I checked it out and most of my tables were in the bottom of the lobby (when filtered by players/flop), when all I did was choosing the top tables.
      *Couldn't take advantage of the hands I got, I guess it's related to what I said before, most of the people were calling stations who open limped but folded to any raise.

so any tips? does it make a difference on what time I play? I guess my problem was I couldn't spot the fishes...
  • 8 replies
    • strosdegoz
      strosdegoz
      Bronze
      I play over 8,000 hands daily and I don't have any problems with the tables!
      What level are you playing?

I play NL10 and I just choose the tables with the biggest avg. pot, I play for hours without having any tables problems, when members leave in some tables I just find new ones, I play 24 tables and only get to change 1-3 tables every 15 minutes or so in average.
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      I play NL25.
      I'll try filtering them by biggest pot, maybe it'll work out better that way.
      Maybe I'll start playing NL10, I have $150 on PS but I better find out how to get a decent winrate first :)
      I'm getting Poker Tracker next week btw, that might help a little :P
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      You can't expect to make a great win rate by using SSS. SSS is good for grinding 20 tables and you'll probably make more money via rakeback then BB/100hands.
    • strosdegoz
      strosdegoz
      Bronze
      Another tip for getting good tables is to join those with a big waiting list, you will have to wait but when you enter the table its always going to be full.
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      Well, I'm actually planning on grinding around 20~ tables MatejM47.

[quote][i]Another tip for getting good tables is to join those with a big waiting list, you will have to wait but when you enter the table its always going to be full. [/quote]
      Ohh good idea. I usually join low waiting list tables.
      What I find most annoying about PS is that you always have to join loooong waiting lists, unlike FT or partypoker, where there are usually 1-2 people waiting. But oh well, PS is the only place where you can shortstack at more than 8 tables at the same time.
    • strosdegoz
      strosdegoz
      Bronze
      vmarqui I find this strange I normally start playing at 24 tables in less than 10 minutes. from NL10 <. Really don't know about the higher level since I am not playing in these yet.
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      I think I'll get used to it. It just was too different in FT lol, just had to join all the eight tables available.
    • alberts1955
      alberts1955
      Bronze
      actualy u can earn nice cash by SSS and im not talkin about rake