Displaying your own stats?

• pinnryder
      pinnryder
      Bronze
      I was just wondering if you guys think it is important to keep track of your own gamestats while you are playing and if you base some decisions on your stats regarding your table image when you think there are players to act behind you, you think are paying attention.
      First I was displaying them but then I added a few more tables and because I was tiling them, I removed my own stats so I could see betsizes and the action buttons properly. Now I changed my table setup and I could display them again without having any problems but I didn't think of it till now.
      Should I display them again to have a better idea of my table image in that particular game or do you think it is not really important until you get to the 20$+ SnGs?
  • 5 replies
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      i always display my stats. its hard to keep track of your table image on each table if you are multi-tabling heavily. a quick look at your VPIP and PFR can help you remember if you have been open shoving the last 5 hands or being a super NIT.

This information can help in some tight spots. definitely recommend displaying them even if you only look at them a few times per set. its definitely going to help you in some of those close spots and especially on those highly 'game flow dependent' spots.
    • savage1981
      savage1981
      Bronze
      I might be wrong, but how would your stats help if you've been playing tight in early and middle stages and once you got in the bubble you've been pushing on the BB from the SB in the last 4 hands? I'm pretty sure your stats would still show that you're tight, but if the BB is playing just one table he/she would remember that you've been pushing pretty much with any two when you're in the SB and would call you with something like Q9 or JT, even though it's probably wrong on the bubble...
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by savage1981
      I might be wrong, but how would your stats help if you've been playing tight in early and middle stages and once you got in the bubble you've been pushing on the BB from the SB in the last 4 hands? I'm pretty sure your stats would still show that you're tight, but if the BB is playing just one table he/she would remember that you've been pushing pretty much with any two when you're in the SB and would call you with something like Q9 or JT, even though it's probably wrong on the bubble...
      because you can filter your stats for number of players. Hence, you can see how active you have been 9 handed, 8 handed, 7handed, 6handed etc etc etc..... which is a much more relevant sample.

if you are not filtering your stats you should be.

i filter for 9-7,4-6 and 3-2
    • savage1981
      savage1981
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lessthanthreee
      Originally posted by savage1981
      because you can filter your stats for number of players. Hence, you can see how active you have been 9 handed, 8 handed, 7handed, 6handed etc etc etc..... which is a much more relevant sample.

Ok, that's somethign I've never heard of before. I'm using Pokertracker, so could anyone please tell me how to filter stats?
    • wiarygodny
      wiarygodny
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lessthanthreee

you're using HEM, right? so how did u manage to filter your own stats??? I really wanted to do that, but i couldnt find the way to set it up so i even posted abt it on HEM forum and the answer was that it's not possible atm (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hud-bugs/32283-no-players-filter-doesnt-work-heros-stats.html)

now i'm confused... :f_confused: