This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AK flush opportunity - right decision?

• winmaster76
      winmaster76
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $5.25
      BB:
      $5.09
      Hero:
      $10.00

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K:club: , A:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 4 folds, SB calls $0.35, BB raises to $1.00, Hero calls $0.60, SB calls $0.60.

Flop: ($3.00) 4:heart: , Q:club: , 6:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $3.00, Hero raises to $6.00, SB folds, BB calls $1.09 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($11.18) K:diamond:
      River: ($11.18) 7:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $11.18

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Kc Ac)
      BB shows a pair of aces (Ah As)

BB wins with a pair of aces (Ah As)

I'm not sure if I made the right decision - I had a flush draw and I also had the chance of getting a pair of aces or kings as long as he didnt have tripple queens or pocket aces or kings.
  • 3 replies
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      I think I'd just get this hand sorted out preflop. If you think BB is capable of squeezing I like to shove. His AF looks like he could be capable so I probably just take this line for a 50BB stack. If you knew he was nitty you could fold - but I wouldn't just call.

As played - with the dead money in the pot you get the right odds to go broke against AQ,QQ+.
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      double post
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by letmewinplz8
      I think I'd just get this hand sorted out preflop. If you think BB is capable of squeezing I like to shove. His AF looks like he could be capable so I probably just take this line for a 50BB stack. If you knew he was nitty you could fold - but I wouldn't just call.

As played - with the dead money in the pot you get the right odds to go broke against AQ,QQ+.
      Sounds good. Jam preflop unless he usually never raises and as played you can't fold on the flop with 2 overs and the nut flushdraw.

Hope it helps.