PokerStars Big Game: Week 1 episodes

• vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Hello everyone,

As you may have read here, PokerStars just launched a new poker show called "The Big Game." The episodes will be broadcast weekdays on Fox networks but they will also be available here in our forum.

Below you can find first week's episodes. Enjoy!

Week 1, Episode 1

Week 1, Episode 2

Week 1, Episode 3

Week 1, Episode 4

Week 1, Episode 5

• 36 replies
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Episode 4 added, enjoy!
      By the way, if you didn't watch episode 3 yet, do it ;) Go to the 11:00 minute mark for something nice :D
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vhallee
      Episode 4 added, enjoy!
      By the way, if you didn't watch episode 3 yet, do it ;) Go to the 11:00 minute mark for something nice :D
      I expect a Phil Hellmuth blow up of some sort... just watched episode 2 and I'm gonna watch the 3rd one pretty soon... Is there going to be a thread to discuss every episode like for High Stakes Poker or this one will do just fine?
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      I really wanna bitch slap wiggins and tell him to Man the f**k up!!! ok, ur not playin for money you can afford to lose once ur up! But playin like a p*ssy is only going to be -$EV!!

I kinda feel a bit sorry for him to, its like watchin vultures pick the meat of a rotting carcass tbh
      For anyone who hasn't seen it, here is a quick update:

Seat 1 : ?(
      Seat 2 : :s_biggrin:
      Seat 3 : :s_mad:
      Seat 4 : :s_cool:
      Seat 5 : :s_love:
      Seat 6 : :s_mad:
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sabo999
      I really wanna bitch slap wiggins and tell him to Man the f**k up!!! ok, ur not playin for money you can afford to lose once ur up! But playin like a p*ssy is only going to be -$EV!!

I kinda feel a bit sorry for him to, its like watchin vultures pick the meat of a rotting carcass tbh

Loving your Laak representation there. :heart:

I still can't get over that total fish shove with top two pair (KQ) v TonyG.:f_mad:
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      Did you notice how much tony's "Raw vodka...its just vodka on the rocks.." is starting to take effect? I thought he was slightly pissed to be honest..

and Phil Laak is my new favourite player! :)

Yeah, i dunno wtf wiggins thought that shove was going to achieve? O_o Maybe it was a value raise? :P lol

Also, in the hand with his KK v A9, i thought it was quite funny when he slammed the Kings over and went "CALL..KINGS!!!!" and was horrified that Phil could possibly have the 9, it was as if he's never seen an over pair cracked! :) funny!! although, he's doin pretty good at the min..the tadpole may be developing legs! although I would put my house on it that we shall never see "E Double" on HSP!!
    • DonuTs0
      DonuTs0
      Bronze
      hes playing too scared and setting himself up to get bluffed. hes to easy to read and isnt aggressive enough when he has a good hand. Hes letting the fact that hes playing with pros affect his game im sure he doesnt play like that online in what ever stakes he usually plays at.
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      I expect a Phil Hellmuth blow up of some sort... just watched episode 2 and I'm gonna watch the 3rd one pretty soon... Is there going to be a thread to discuss every episode like for High Stakes Poker or this one will do just fine?
      This will be the official discussion thread and the OP will be updated once new episodes are added. With High Stakes Poker we had the problem that each episode was comprised of 4-5 parts, which meant that we would have one OP with about 50 YouTube windows. However, since Big Game has only one part each time, this approach should be better than creating a discussion thread and an episodes thread.

Excellent seating representation sir :heart:
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by vhallee
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      This will be the official discussion thread and the OP will be updated once new episodes are added. With High Stakes Poker we had the problem that each episode was comprised of 4-5 parts, which meant that we would have one OP with about 50 YouTube windows. However, since Big Game has only one part each time, this approach should be better than creating a discussion thread and an episodes thread.

Excellent seating representation sir :heart:
      ;D And so true. I think the rules kinda suck. Once he 3/4 up against Phill he didnt see a flop once in 50 hands lol. Its like he wasn't even there lol. Other then that a great show with interesting and funny players :)
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      oh nice! all the episodes here for free :D going to watch them all tomorrow
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      The first episode of Week 2 is here and it includes some new players. Enjoy :)
    • TedKell
      TedKell
      Basic
      Really lovin the new Loose Cannon. The kid has some balls!! 3 betting/4 betting Doyle right off the bat ?!? I hope to see him walk away with a healthy profit..

I'm suprised to see Ernest leave with a profit. Guess the .01/.02 (100 BB's) tactics also work at 200/400 (250 BB's)
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Episode 2 of the second week is here and (to my delight) they talk about StarCraft :f_biggrin:
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TedKell
      Really lovin the new Loose Cannon. The kid has some balls!! 3 betting/4 betting Doyle right off the bat ?!? I hope to see him walk away with a healthy profit..

I'm suprised to see Ernest leave with a profit. Guess the .01/.02 (100 BB's) tactics also work at 200/400 (250 BB's)
      They don't work, as his english that was horrific.

It makes me wonder, he was taught english as primary language. English is only my 4th. And i speak better than E-Dub. The "DC" just got profit for hitting lottery with his cowboys and sucking out big time on PH.

Still it was fun to see the commentators go: "Our loose cannon with AK, he should raise here and... ...he calls".

The new Will Davis sure has balls, but is picking the wrong spots to do so. Keep my hopes up he goes good though.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Ugh.. Ernest is playing so horrible.. i mean really?

"i wanna earn yall respect ya know"

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!? You'd earn some respect if you didn't play so crappy. He's as bigger joke then Phil Helmuth to them.

Hope the next loose cannon is actualy loose.. I wonder how he plays NL100-200 or w/e he plays when he plays so bad..
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      :heart: The New Loose Canon
    • TedKell
      TedKell
      Basic
      Originally posted by nathanrenard
      Originally posted by TedKell

They don't work, as his english that was horrific.

It makes me wonder, he was taught english as primary language. English is only my 4th. And i speak better than E-Dub. The "DC" just got profit for hitting lottery with his cowboys and sucking out big time on PH.

Still it was fun to see the commentators go: "Our loose cannon with AK, he should raise here and... ...he calls".

The new Will Davis sure has balls, but is picking the wrong spots to do so. Keep my hopes up he goes good though.
      Idd ;P But there is such a fine line between being a genius and being a moron. At the end of the day, it comes down to when you make that move, but I'd rather see him 4-bet Doyle the Rock than fold A-10 to a simple raise.. Personally, I'm amazed he didn't go broke with the second nut flush.. I'm loving his play, and in todays episode, his personallity started to shine through. High hopes fro tomorrows episoide!
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Week 2, episode 3 - it's up there in the OP :) Enjoy!
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      Does anyone else notice that Daniel is trying ridiculously hard to impress the hostess! lmao! He's like properly drooling over her ! lol :)

Funny !!

Just finished Ep2 Wk2

Does anyone else think that set of 10s hand was not a pretty standard fold, but, not the worlds hardest fold either?
      I ran the hands threw the calculator, and he's only like a 53% chance to win over those hand, and is pretty much crushed against higher sets + flopped straights...HOWEVER, being stuck 100K I think I may have just closed my eyes and got the chips in...

What would everyone do if they were in that spot? Set of 10's .. Fold??

He has had a few coolers, is anyone every folding the KK to Doyles min-raise?
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Episode 4, week 2 is now available. Enjoy!