Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

UTG onurb1983 ($31.15)
      UTG+1 XuxiSanchez ($64.70)
      CO deeepstaack ($58.50)
      BTN doodgeld ($50.25)
      SB Stella-921 ($50.50)
      BB Hero ($50)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is BB Q:spade: A:heart:
      onurb1983 calls $0.50, 2 folds, doodgeld raises to $2.25, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.75, onurb1983 folds

Flop: J:club: 10:diamond: Q:club: ($5.25, 2 players)
      Hero checks, doodgeld bets $3.70, Hero raises to $12, doodgeld calls $8.30

Turn: 9:heart: ($29.25, 2 players)
      Hero bets $16.25, doodgeld x

So a tight player raises BU, 10/10/5 stats after 43 hands (no sample I know but still). I decide to just call to keep worse hands in his range even though its OOP which sucks.

I've been working on aggression alot lately and felt I wanted to try to push him off his hand which doesnt succeed on the flop, but when the turncard turns over I feel like this might be the best card to follow up on. He's not gonna be happy to call much here unless he has a K if I'm right.

So, how about it? Is it perhaps a bit too aggressive and stupid?
  • 1 reply
    • caltabiano

I don't understand why you want to puch him off his hand on the flop though :D

If you don't have the best hand here, I guarantee you that he's not gonna fold to your c/r =)
      And whereas we do get value from KQ, we valuetown ourselves against sets, 2P, straight and overpair. So, we lose too much and gain little.

I don't like c/c much, because I think his cbetting range will be actually quite strong here and he might check back many hands such as KJ, KT, AJ.

My option would be db/f. I think that we can be absolutely sure that he crushes us when he raises. But when he calls, I think it's very likely we have the best hand.

As played, I'd actually give up on that turn, becasue I think his range is gonna be pretty K heavy. AK, KQ, KJ and KT (if he cbets them). There aren't that many hands you can get him to fold. Maybe he folds two pair, but some people will be very stubborn with them. Well, he's a nit, so I guess he can fold 2P. But he might go broke with some of them on the flop. So I think he'll defnitely have too many K's.