UTG Oflyt ($35.55)
      UTG+1 siogyn ($50)
      CO kimabusch ($42.70)
      BTN pichuco ($108.20)
      SB cbzsta ($66.40)
      BB Hero ($50)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is BB A:diamond: 9:club:
      3 folds, pichuco raises to $1.25, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: 4:spade: 6:spade: 8:club: ($2.75, 2 players)
      Hero checks, pichuco bets $2, Hero calls $2

Turn: Q:heart: ($6.75, 2 players)
      Hero bets $4, pichuco calls $4

River: 2:spade: ($14.75, 2 players)
      Hero bets $8.25

Again a hand where I'm trying to be aggressive and push people off things. I wanted to do an OOP float (lol yes that's right :D )

He is completely unknown to me, which is why I found it a good spot to act up on him too since he doesn't know me well either.

He called the flop and the river is a pretty decent card to follow up on imo, the only thing I can see him calling is KQ/AQ and maaaybe QJ but he shouldnt be to keen on that either.

Is it completely stupid to try these kind of things or could it be good for something here? I think I was perhaps spewing around a bit but still, I find the spot interesting.

• 1 reply
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I don't like floating OOP here for a coupe of reasons:

- Our equity isn't so great.
      - It's very unlikely he's cbetting this with air

There are way too many hands that will call our turn db. 77+, fd, pair + gutshot, etc. And then on the river we won't know if we can fire a profitable 3rd barrel or not. It'll highly depend on the card that happens to fall. And even on that card, it's still tough, because he could have the flush himself.

The other thing is that we don't rep anything strong by taking this line, except Q :spade: x :spade: extacly, since we're most likely c/r our big hands on the flop.

So I'd rather just give it up directly, or db flop.

But I wouldn't try anything with this hand though. If we had the A :spade: , I'd like doing something a lot more. We could either go for the c/r or db. If my opponent doesn't cb much, I'd probably db. If he cbets a lot, I'd c/r.

However, we must realise that if we go for the c/r, we'll have to follow up with more barrels a lot, because there are way too many weak hands that will peel a c/r.

Cheers!