Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

UTG Donk King ($50.75)
      UTG+1 SUPEREVAN ($50)
      CO pinto0815 ($100.85)
      BTN BlizzTheWiz ($50.45)
      SB Don Scots ($60.30)
      BB Hero ($102.95)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is BB Q:spade: A:club:
      2 folds, pinto0815 calls $0.50, BlizzTheWiz raises to $2, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.50, pinto0815 calls $1.50

Flop: 3:heart: 10:spade: 9:heart: ($6.25, 3 players)
      Hero checks, pinto0815 checks, BlizzTheWiz bets $3.50, [color="#cc0000"]Hero raises to $9.50

BU (20/19/0 107h) is isolating CO (20/4/2 174h) and since I dont want to 3bet here being 200bb deep with the fish (who might aswell just call my 3bet, also being 200bb deep) I decide to only call. First of all, is this a good choice?

Second of all, I check to give up since I miss completely but then the fish checks too, and the reg places a small bet, which looks a bit weak to me considering the draws on the board. So I think about it for a bit and realize that whatever he's hodling he's not gonna be very happy if I raise him since his range is very wide too.

In short, I try to steal the pot. Good or bad spot to do so?

• 1 reply
    • caltabiano
      I like flatting pre. We'd be very happy to see the fish joining the pot. And even though we're OOP, we have a really strong hand, so it should be too hard to play it.

And if the fish calls our 3b, BTN might be willing to jam anything decent, since the fish could have anything and you probably don't have much.

On the flop, yeah, he cbets small, BUT he's cbetting 3w on the worst board ever WITH a fish in the hand. So, sure, he won't be super happy with your c/r, but he's not folding his TP, nor his FD, nor his straight draw, nor his overpair, is he?

And it's another spot, where you can't continue on many turn cards. No turn card is good for you and any turn card could be good for him. You can't outdraw him and get paid off ever, because whenever you hit, his hand strength will diminish greatly.

Besides, you still have to worry with the fish behind, who might call whatever pieace of the board he has. There's still so much money behind that he might feel compelled to call whatever it is he's holding.

So, we should just give up on this board and pick spots where our opponents range is weak and we have room to improve and continue applying pressure ;-)