[NL2-NL10] Nl10 JJ

• Strahinjak
      Villain is a fish, his stats are 66/29/6 over 130 hands.

In this hand I was certain he didnt have QQ+, because i saw him first limp than call someones raise with big pocket pairs.I was pretty sure he had AJ+ here..So my question is really if I'm certain that someone have AQ, AK in this spot should I be calling with JJ or QQ ? Is this move EV+?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J.
      2 folds, BU raises to $0.35, Hero raises to $1.15, BB folds, BU raises to $11.09, Hero calls $9.20.

Flop: ($21.54) 7, 3, 8 (2 players)

Turn: ($21.54) 9 (2 players)

River: ($21.54) K (2 players)

Final Pot: $21.54.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I wouldn't be so sure about him always taking the same lines with big pairs, he just looks spazzy and if he's pushing buttons he could show up there with QQ+ randomly. Some players will limp/call big pairs from early position and raise them anyway from late position.

If you're confident he doesn't have a big premium then effectively you crush his range, JJ is only behind QQ+ cold. Equity edge is small against AQ+ it's basically a flip that we'll win slightly more often, but it's an edge nonetheless. Even if he had open shoved and you put him on the same range you'd have to call getting 1:1 odds, so with the actual dead money in that hand this is a definite call provided your read is accurate.

Hope it helps.