UTG ($9.95)
      Hero ($15.77)
      CO ($2.03)
      BTN ($10)
      SB ($17.30)
      BB ($29.03)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1 A:diamond: A:club:
      UTG raises to $0.35, Hero raises to $1.20, 4 folds, UTG calls $0.85

Flop: 6:club: K:spade: J:heart: ($2.55, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $1.90, UTG calls $1.90

Turn: 5:heart: ($6.35, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: 8:spade: ($6.35, 2 players)
      UTG bets $4.11, Hero goes all-in $12.67, UTG goes all-in $2.74

Opp: 21/19/2.0 over 58 hands

Pre: As opps EP raise was 38% (small sample tho), I just decided to 3bet it despite that it looks stroooong.

Flop: Some part of his range hits, so I think he could call.

Turn: Pot is large enough to c/r river and get it in, so just check back so he could bet his AK `n` stuff like that.

River: Didn't really like his bet sizing, as it's seems too solid for bluffs and looked like made hand. I'm not sure now if he can bet (and call pre in the first place) KQ, Jx, TT or something like that as he's not overaggro or anything.

Opinions?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I usually just bet/call the turn and see AK more often than JJ. If you feel he'll donk the river with AK to get value hence you can shove over, then it's fine to take your line to try and squeeze a bit more value by providing stuff like random 2P- hands the opportunity to make curiosity calls against a bet/check/bet line, since you don't lose value against AK. Maybe you lose a bit against KQ who will check/call the river that you can really plain shove.

As played on the river it's fine. Only reason not to shove there would be if you're quite sure he never plays AK like that. Can't say he wouldn't just by looking at his stats, so I'm still shoving for value.

Hope it helps.