Stacks:
      Hero ($9.95)
      UTG+1 ($3.27)
      CO ($19.93)
      BTN ($13.09)
      SB ($1)
      BB ($6.58)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is UTG 10:diamond: 10:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.35, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.35, SB goes all-in $1, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.65, BTN calls $0.65

Flop: 9:club: A:spade: 6:club: ($3.10, 3 players, 1 all-in)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: 10:heart: ($3.10, 3 players, 1 all-in)
      Hero bets $2.20, BTN goes all-in $12.09, Hero goes all-in $6.75

River: 7:club: ($21, 3 players, 3 all-in)

Opp: 62/19/50 over 38 hands

Pre: No doubt about calling that shove, but just not sure how to react with one more player after me as I'm oop then in rather large pot.

Flop: is there any reason to bet on such a flop? Ax will call me, FD will call me, I could MAYBE force him to fold some pp or Kx, Qx stuff.

Turn: It seems that there's no way back, but his shove seemed really strange, but if taking into account his stats and aggro, it's easy call.

River: --

More or less this is question about pre and flop play as I don't see reason to fold turn now. Imho TT is good enough to call pre, but playing oop messes it up and when called pre such a flop really forces me to give up, or should I c/f it?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Just 4-bet re-isolate the shortstack preflop. BTN's range is insanely wide for flatting in that spot, he will very rarely show up with a hand you're in big trouble with preflop, so you have a license to just try and pick up all that dead money instead of having to play a protected pot out of position against an aggro fish with a hand that is likely to flop overcards. $3 looks fine. If BTN calls the 4-bet we will have like a potsized bet left so we can still go broke on most flops, if he 5-bet jams it's kinda awful since nothing tells us he would 3-bet with premiums so he could have those, but with so much dead money and the chance that he's just going nuts with whatever trash hand, we're probably forced to call it off at that point.

As played c-betting the flop is okay, generally more against passive players whom you can confidently check/fold the turn. Against aggro people that can randomly float you with a blurry range you don't really want to set yourself up to just check/fold a bigger pot on the turn than you would have if you check/folded on the flop. Checking is fine. Don't forget that bad players also play pretty much every Ax hand so it's always an ugly board for us.

No question on the turn, he'll always show up with worse than us enough to warrant going broke. Flopped big hands and eventually even just top pairs that he "slowplayed", random turned combo draws and two pairs, you name it.

hope it helps.