The spaniard's blog

• oskrgy
      oskrgy
      Bronze
      Hello everybody!
      My name is Oscar and my nick in most of the pokerrooms is estatuillo. I am Spanish and I have just finished my last year in Economy Degree in the University of Madrid. (but I have to pass an Econometrics exam in September!)
      I have decided to have an English blog because I need to improve my languages (because I am searching for a job) and I think this is a good thing! Sorry for the vocabulary and grammar mistakes!
      My career in poker started 2 years ago when I gambled de 50 $ of pokerstrategy xD and then 50 $ more of a second bankroll and then I gambled it once more time after having a bankroll of 900$ but on tilt I played some SnG of 100 $ and I boosted once more time! I though I wasnt born to play poker and giving it up last november. But then on christmas I met a colleague in University called Diego that he become de 50 $ into more than 100.000 $ and he told me that with study and patience, is very easy to win money. I started with 50$ in January 29th of 2010.
      Now I have a bankroll of 2100 $ and I would try to rise it as much as I can. I made my first cash out of 130 € last week to recover the money I gambled when I was a whale xD

I usually play SSS Short Handed in NL 100 like diego ( oo dylak oo in the rooms and in NL 1000-2000 xD ) and Sit and Goes of 9 people in 10 and 20 $ of buy in. A little of rush poker these days (only 5000 hands with good results)
      I hope that with your help I could to kill two birds with one stone (learning English and poker)
      I would upload the hands I find difficult to play and of course my results. I hope that bankroll and posts improve in quality with time! This is my only target!! I would try to post every week.

A lot of regards for everybody,
      Oscar
  • 58 replies
    • oskrgy
      oskrgy
      Bronze
      Hello everybody!
      first of all...CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE ENGLISH PEOPLE BECAUSE OF THE CLASIFICATION IN THE FOOTBALL CUP !!lets hope Spain do things all right tomorrow as well!

At least I think that who has done the homework this week ok it´s me because now my bankroll is 2900 $ aprox. That means it has increased 38% comparing to last week! Better than Dow Jones !! :P And a lot of better than Spanish Stock MArket too xD :f_mad:
      Well I dont want to be boring telling a lot of thinks so if somebody wants to ask something just post it!
      Here you have my graph for NL 50 rush and the rest of the profits were with 5 sit and goes of 23+2 becoming a little luckbox xD with two first prizes.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
      regards for everybody! and comment that I want to learn English!
    • oskrgy
      oskrgy
      Bronze
      Hi everybody! or should I say Nobody? LOL
      ATENTION!! The first person to post in my BLOG will be regarded with 200 $ in fulltilt poker!! (kidding)

Well this week has been in poker therms very bad because I played a lot and I only took +200 because of the rakeback, finishing even in tables.

I have promised myself not to play more than one hour per day because I play too much and I am starting to become a compulsive gambler! I am getting on weiGhT a lot and I want to continue in my football team next year but if I dont start to do some sport, I will finish like Ronaldo xD

Today I bought the Tableninja so I hope to improve my style of game although I play less time at day.

I am going to England 3 weeks next week, to Bournemouth! I have already asked my host family if theY have wifi :f_cool: at home and the answer was yes, so July will be a month of sitand goes in my laptop before going to bed!!

BANKROLL 3100!
      REGARDS!
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      LOL! Good to see you around and that you left the gambling behind and doing well. Mucho éxito en todo. (Should I email you my nickname?... LOL)
    • oskrgy
      oskrgy
      Bronze
      Thankyou for post aquaman! but I forgot to mention that the promotion only lasted 10 minutes! xD
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by oskrgy
      Hello everybody!
      first of all...CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE ENGLISH PEOPLE BECAUSE OF THE CLASIFICATION IN THE FOOTBALL CUP !!lets hope Spain do things all right tomorrow as well!
      I think all the English people are less than happy with their classification in the football cup! But well done Spain. On Pokerstars, I have become Brazilian. You'll see me there if you ever have to drop down to the $3.40 turbos.

Good luck,

jbpatzer
    • rorrlsh
      rorrlsh
      Bronze
      Hola oskrgy :-)
      viva espana :-) nice win last night
      I also play SSS but on FR tables. At the moment I'm trying to increase my hands/hour, and therefore learning how to multi-table more than 6-7 tables. playing on NL10,NL20 and NL30 :-)
      so i am interested on whats your hands/hour and bb/100 hands?
      How much did you have to widen your hand ranges to play SSS on SH tables?
      regards
      rorrlsh
    • oskrgy
      oskrgy
      Bronze
      hELLO! first of all! i love english football and when I posted that comment it was when England beat Eslovenia!

jpatzer, Your name is very known to me but I dont know why because I play 10 and 20 $ sNg!

rorrlsh, the SSS in shorthanded is very profitable because few people do it, and my friend Diego adjusted the ranges with the type of villain. The advantages are that you generate a lot of more rakeback, people are fisher because they dont know how to play a SSS, and you have to think a little more agressive so when you have premium hands they are usually played.
      In addition I am in another Spanish pokerschool who explotes SSS SH but I cant say the name.
      I am playin on NL100 with 3BB/100 playing 600 hands per hour.
      regards!
    • oskrgy
      oskrgy
      Bronze
      I forgot to say that there is a big disadvantage in SS SH, THE VARIANZE can be extremely big. I have been +/- 40 buyins so I alway play at least with 110 buyins of the next level and I go down when I am only with 90.
      So I will go to NL 200 when my bankroll is 4400 $
    • rorrlsh
      rorrlsh
      Bronze
      thanks for the answer, i don't want to mess up your blog so i sent you a PM over pokerstrategy.
      cheers and good luck at the tables
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by oskrgy

jpatzer, Your name is very known to me but I dont know why because I play 10 and 20 $ sNg!
      regards!
      chess?
    • oskrgy
      oskrgy
      Bronze
      I dont know really jpatzer, may be I played against you three months ago when I played the 3,4 SnG!

And dont worry about messing up my blog! I started it because I want to learn ENglish so as more you post as more grateful I will be!
    • oskrgy
      oskrgy
      Bronze
      Hello people!!
      Well this week its being pretty cool because I increased my bankroll a little more and the 4400 $ to play in NL 200 are closer and closer.
      I explained that my style is to be the most aggressive player in the table so people give me their blinds and when they raise to me because they are tired of this spanish thief ;) I sometimes have good cards and I can play them against the raisers.
      I win money with non show downs winnings of the rocks and show downs of the fishes.
      Here two examples, one is with a fish and other one with a rock. I PLAYED AGAINST HUMAN, NOT AGAINST POKER.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ANd here is the little rock,
      $0.50/$1 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      Hero (UTG) ($20.40)
      UTG+1 ($18.50)
      CO ($79.60)
      BTN ($44.50)
      SB ($82.10)
      BB ($38.75)

Pre-Flop: ($1.50, 6 players) Hero is UTG A:diamond: 9:diamond:
      Hero raises to $2.50, 2 folds, BTN calls $2.50, 2 folds

Flop: 10:diamond: 6:club: A:club: ($6.50, 2 players)
      Hero bets $3.25, BTN raises to $8, Hero folds

Final Pot: $17.75

BTN wins $17.10 (net +$6.60)

Hero lost $5.75

I usually play with the cards of the board and of the villain more than my own cards.

BANKROLL 3700!!!!!!! GO GO GOOO!

postdata: what type of posthand do you prefer to comment hands first or second one?
      regards, Oscar!
    • oskrgy
      oskrgy
      Bronze
      I won 100 $ today but with the EV up my real winnings. I am winning but this doesnt mean I dont have bad beats LOL Have you ever had something like this? 99,6 VS 0,04%

But dont confuse! I wont complain! I love fishes, even with their fishbones xD :f_love:
      $0.50/$1 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($48.80)
      UTG+1 ($31.50)
      CO ($44.95)
      BTN ($21.05)
      Hero (SB) ($20)
      BB ($35.70)

Pre-Flop: ($1.50, 6 players) Hero is SB Q:spade: Q:heart:
      UTG raises to $3.50, 2 folds, BTN calls $3.50, Hero raises to $9, 1 fold, UTG folds, BTN calls $5.50

Flop: 4:club: Q:diamond: 4:diamond: ($22.50, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1, BTN goes all-in $12.05, Hero goes all-in $10

Turn: 3:diamond: ($45.55, 2 players, 2 all-in)

River: 7:diamond: ($45.55, 2 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: $45.55
      BTN shows a straight flush, Seven high
      5:diamond: 6:diamond:
      Hero shows a full house, Queens full of Fours
      Q:spade: Q:heart:

BTN wins $43.35 (net +$22.30)

UTG lost $3.50
      Hero lost $20

I BOUGHT TABLE NINJA FOR FULLTILT BUT IT CRAPS AND STOPS MY COMPUTER FOR A FEW SECONDS (losing some blinds and hands) WHEN AUTOMATICALLY IT OPENS MORE THAN TWO OR THREE TABLES AT THE SAME TIME, DOES ANYBODY HAS THIS PROBLEM?I HAVE A GOOD COMPUTER SO I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. THANKYOU FOR YOUR ANSWERS.
    • oskrgy
      oskrgy
      Bronze
      I am in the airport of Madrid waiting for the plane direction to Bournemouth! I only will play some Sng in these 3 weeks I will spend in England because I go with my laptop without HM!

By the way....
      VIVA ESPAÑA!!!
      [img][IMG]https://img692.imageshack.us/img692/88/gpuyolcabecea300x300.jpg[/IMG][/img]
    • oskrgy
      oskrgy
      Bronze
      I played today a little, first 100 hands of HU NL 50 because I dont usually play this style and I was bored waiting for my girlfriend xD
      I had pocket 99, villain raise, I reraise to 4,5 $ flop QQQ I bet 2/3 villain call TURN 5, I push all in and villain call with QJ jajaaj
      then I have just finished a session of 15 SnG in 15+1 and 25 +2 $ and I won 270 $ so it was a perfect session xD

See u!
      BANKROLL 4000 nl200 coming soon!!
      come on spain!!!
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      I see your platinum now congrats on that :)

And have fun watching the game tomorrow :)
    • oskrgy
      oskrgy
      Bronze
      YES WE DID IT!!!!

I have had a little downswing with the worst luck of the world but I recovered myself and with the 15+1 SNG of pokerstars (although there are a lot of multitabling regularssharks) I achieved the 4000 $!!!!!!

I have changed my ranges of push or fold to the 5 or 6 blinds because with 10 blinds people in the tables are still tight and when they call they are often with advantage

REGARDS!
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Well done Spain! There was only one football team on the field. The rest were practising martial arts.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jbpatzer
      The rest were practising martial arts.