$14.36
      BB:
      $11.77
      MP2:
      $20.55
      MP3:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q.
      MP2 raises to $0.40, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.20, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.5) T, K, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, MP2 calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5.5) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50.

River: ($10.5) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: $10.5.

ok, 3b for value. Call range I think JJ, AQ, maybe AK. Flop, first I thought there is no value bet, cause AQ will fold, and call only AK, JJ. I bet for protection and info. Ok he call I give him JJ, so turn now is really sucks, cause even AQ got it. I ch with intension to call small cause redraw. River I think It would be ch/fold

So how to play it better?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm very tempted to just fold the turn. Our outs are tainted and we're out of position against a guy who's got a tight range for calling preflop to begin with, probably dumps a lot of worse hands against the flop c-bet and has an even tighter range for betting that turn instead of checking it back. If he has an A our Q outs are dead and we also have less outs with our OESD, even assuming all our outs are clean we don't get odds to outdraw a K, so unless you can somehow stuff a good chunk of semibluffs in his range for betting the turn you're just no in good shape at all.

As played on the river we're assuming you put some worse hands (mostly Qx ) in his turn betting range otherwise you shouldn't get to that point, which means he could still bet those as a bluff on the river so there are reasons to check/call against some people. Against most it's just a fold.

Hope it helps.