This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

A losing session for the record! Damn

• blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      So... this is NL2, so I had an "awful" loss of $1.86, but................ take a look at the numbers:

Game: Holdem NL2 FR
      Session duration: 70 minutes
      Number of tables: 6

Hands dealt:
      AA = 5 times
      AK = 2 times
      KK = 1 time
      QQ = 4 times
      JJ = 2 times

And I lost in some 70% of these hands. WTF is going on today? God! Second day in a row in this streak of bad luck. :s_confused:
  • 3 replies
    • strosdegoz
      strosdegoz
      Bronze
      If you are getting lots of bad beats try not going all in pre-flop and play your game post flop.
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      It has got nothing to do with luck. If you've played the hands perfectly it's called variance. But I doubt you did play them perfectly. Post them for analysis.
      Besides JJ and Ak and even QQ are not exactly monsters in FR games and should be played cautiously.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mishkagg
      It has got nothing to do with luck. If you've played the hands perfectly it's called variance. But I doubt you did play them perfectly. Post them for analysis.
      Besides JJ and Ak and even QQ are not exactly monsters in FR games and should be played cautiously.
      I agree, I think one of the biggest leaks for beginners is over playing big hands. NL2 FR, JJ/QQ/AK need to be played properly, if a reg/nit is pushing all in / looking aggresive, you don't want to be shoving in pre. These are the sort of hands where you have to assess the player, for example at NL2 I quite often see people who are 75/60, these are the players you want to be getting QQ/AK in against. Players that are like 12/10 etc, you want to be playing postflop. Just my opinion from what i've played at NL2 anyway.