[NL2-NL10] Gutshot, multiway pot

• Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 Pot-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $3.41
      MP2:
      $0.75
      MP3:
      $1.45
      CO:
      $2.99
      BU (Hero):
      $2.97
      SB:
      $2.14
      BB:
      $1.25

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, J.
      3 folds, CO calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, SB folds, BB calls $0.06, CO calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.25) 9, 8, 7 (3 players)
      BB bets $0.02, CO calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.02.

Turn: ($0.31) K (3 players)
      BB bets $0.15, CO calls $0.15, Hero calls $0.15.

Hero shows a straight, king high(Q J).
      CO shows a straight, jack high(8 J).
      BB shows three of a kind, tens(T T).

Hero wins with a straight, king high(Q J).

Villains: BB 38/2 CO 24/11
      Is it ok to call on turn without correct odds? Knowing that i can be not the only one drawing or someone might be already slowplaying straight and when i hit my implied odds would be huge if someone has J
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Somewhat borderline but I think it's ok. Given the likely chance that one of them is in there with a T already we're drawing to 3-outs so we need like 14:1 or so to make the call. We're getting 4:1 immediate odds, BB has around 6:1 behind and CO has 18:1 behind.

Pretty impossible to mix those numbers up accurately to come up with a decision but they look okay, my fudging brain says it's probably close enough for you to not be making clear mistake by calling, so that will have to do I guess :p

Hope it helps.
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Thanks for reply :)
      I'm not sure if i'm calculating implied odds correctly. My odds are 14:1. pot on turn is 0,61$ and i need to call 0,15$. To get correct odds, i need a pot of 2,1$ so this means that i need to get at least 2,1$ - 0,61$ = 1,49$ from them on river for my call on turn to be correct?
      And btw, after showdown, can i assume that my call was incorrect because i had only 1 out? Or it changes nothing cause i couldn't know, that villain has TT?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I agree with what you said about implied odds. It's not that hard to get close to $0.75 per guy in average considering one of them likely has a random J or a big hand already. It'll go bet raise call quite often.

As for the TT thing it was always a possibility but you're playing against a range, not just one hand. He won't always show up with TT, sometimes he'll have stuff like J9 or T9 against which you have more outs so you're not always in the worst case scenario. It's super thin to even discuss those spots, I'd suggest just folding unless you get incredible odds when you have very few outs and sticking with calculating implied odds and stuff for common situations where you have decent draws.

Hope it helps.