FTP average plrs/flop

• Purity
      Purity
      Silver
      This does not make sense to me at all. I will give u the stats of average plrs/flop and amount of tables for the top 3 (I guess) pokersites. I'm talking about normal NL SH100 tables ( thus not including tables where you can't buy-in for 100bb ).

It is saturday 14:15 (timezone GMT+1) and for NL100 SH :

FTP :
      -Tables > 30% : 9
      -Tables between 20% and 30% : 12
      -Tables below 20% : non-existent ??

Pokerstars :
      -Tables > 30% : non-existent
      -Tables between 20% and 30% : 4
      -Tables < 20% : 34

Party Poker :
      -Tables > 30% : 2
      -Tables between 20% and 30% : 5
      -Tables < 20% : 17

I find it very strange, either way if all sites calculate the plrs/flop in the same way and I don't see how it should be different than FTP is either the biggest fishpool out there or somehow it doesn't accurately represent the actual plrs/flop.

Not having a single table below 20% just doesn't make sense to me. I also checked the higher limits on FTP and they don't have a single table < 20%. So whatsup with that ? Does FTP calculate plrs/flop different than the other sites or what.
  • 6 replies
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      ftp is rigged, dont u know
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      I wouldn't say that "the bigger % of players on flop the fishier the game is".

I'd guess that on FT the tables weren't full for the whole period that they count that percentage. Since if there are 4 players sitting in a table and there's a HU pot the % is 50 but on 6 handed table it's just 33...

Pretty crappy english but hope you get my point.
    • Purity
      Purity
      Silver
      Doesn't explain why there isn't a single table below 20%

And I'm obviously not saying ftp is rigged, so keep such non constructive and sarcastic comments too yourself. I think FTP is the best site out there and I'm a big fan of it.

I'm only stating the obvious that there has to be some kind of different approach to how they decide the plrs/flop % because it's no coincidence that not a single table is below 20% and the average of all tables is pretty high.

Well I took a look at the 2+2 forums and it seems FTP has a different way to calculate the plrs/flop so it can't be compared to other sites.

It's pretty misleading imo for players unaware of this since they might convince themselves FTP has much softer tables when they check out the traffic.

Anywayz we all know FTP is a good site with lots of traffic etc, so it doesn't really matter but I'm glad I know now.
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      Do you know how FT's and e.g. Stars' players per flop % is counted?
    • Purity
      Purity
      Silver
      Nope I haven't looked for how it exacly is calculated. I only found a 2+2 topic where people said you can't compare FTP plrs/flop with other sites.
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      In the micros it's the opposite, so I don't know if one can claim it's rigged, might just be that the player profile at different levels changes (ie Full Tilt advertisement might attract more high $$$ fishand less low $$$ fish???).

When I moved to Full Tilt, at some times of day it's hard to find 30%+ tables on NL2!!! In Pokerstars at any time of the day over 50% of the tables might be 30%+ on NL2. In NL5 they are virtually inexistent at FT, at some times of the day there isn't a single one, and at peak hours there might be 3-4 at best (except the shallow and PL tables which regularly have 30% or even 40%+), at pokerstars there would be 33% at least at any time.