[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH A6s light 3 bet

• RahXephon1
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, 6.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $1.75, 2 folds, Hero raises to $5.50, BB calls $5.00, MP3 calls $3.75.

Flop: ($16.5) 6, K, A (3 players)
      Hero bets $8.50, BB folds, MP3 calls $8.50.

Turn: ($33.5) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $12.50, Hero calls $12.50.

River: ($58.5) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $49.30(All-In), Hero ???

Villain is 22/17 reg
  • 3 replies
    • vonki
      If I may say my opinion, I think you're beat almost always on the river.

I dont think he would call many hands on that flop to begin with when you 3bet pre and cbet into 2, so I think he has an A a fair amount of the time and a K rarely. Not sure he will have much else here very often, QQ and JJ are likely to fold on that flop.

The turncard is zeh worst ever for you because you are now crushed by all other hands. I mean what do you beat here? Weaker aces which are very few are rare and those might check back, the very few times he would talk himself into calling the flop with QQ-JJ you are ahead but thats about it really. The KQs hands have you beat, all better aces have you beat, the few rare 66 combos also have you beat. I dont know if you can call the small bet since you do have some outs for a FH but I would consider folding.

If you do call you have an easy c/f on the river unless you improve imo.
    • RahXephon1
      Well I did fold exactly for all those reasons, wasn't really sure if I should fold on turn already.
    • Kaitz20
      turn is easy c/c or even b/f, since he can float you there sometimes with QJ/QT and Ax hands
      Now you split all the Ax hands, so you don´t have to turn your hand into bluff catcher and can bet yourself
      After he calls you can decide if you want to c/c or c/f river or want to make him fold Ax hand yourself and shove river as bluff