Consecutive steals

• alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      I always get a little nervous when trying 2 consecutive steals, ie I got A10 from the sb, then K10s button, or same cards bu and then co. The great majority of the time I'll just fold the 2nd time in fear I'll get 3 bet more lightly. Is this correct? What do most players do?

I can't find a clear answer on this. On one hand, is there any reason to not keep stealing against people that are folding? Wouldn't it even be advantageous for people to 3 bet you lightly (more value out of your good hands)? Or on the other hand would it be better to keep my table image and be able to keep stealing once every time around the table (would this be more profitable long term then getting 3 bet lightly and have to stop stealing?)?

The only case in which I'm stealing consecutively is when I do have a very good hand the 2nd straight steal, there I'm really hoping to get 3 bet lightly.
  • 4 replies
    • cryoburn
      cryoburn
      Bronze
      I'd keep stealing anyway.

But efectively good conditions to keep stealing are to have multitabling nits on the blinds.

Even if the blinds are more inclined to cold call because you'll still have position on them.

The only time I'd tighten a bit more is if the blinds are very aggressive 3betting all the time. But still I'd reduce my stealing range and at the same time increase my call 3B % and increase my value 4B range, particularly in 6-max because in FR players are usually tighter.
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Silver
      KTs from the BU first in is not a steal, that's a value raise
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MathhNes
      KTs from the BU first in is not a steal, that's a value raise
      Can you explain? Maybe this isn't on the silver articles? I'm sure I read that any raise even an AA is technically a steal from BU.
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Platinum
      If villain is calling worse, it's a value raise. If you've got 76o, it's rather unlikely that villains are calling with worse so it's a steal. If they are calling with worse, you shouldn't be raising it.