Lad(y's)Man

• ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      Well hey.

About Me: Been around for a while not quite a journey man. But I've done the go broke thing a couple of times. What I like:
      -Football my ultimate passion (would give up anything nearly to be good enough to really make it) Love everything about it so it being World Cup time for me is real good. :) :)
      -Skiing been 4 times would love to go more. But fianances only really allow me to go once every couple of years.
      -Partying hard, I have never claimed to be excellant with singing or dancing or getting to close to girls. But you know alcohol is a funny thing.
      -Poker, I haven't played for a very long time but am amazed that I find a game where you got to make a combination of 5 cards out of 7 fun after like 3 years.
      -Oh and girls, of course hence the pic (plus that encourages attention) ;)

So Why Am I here now: Think its as good as time as any to say hello to the PS world which I'm fond of (not in a brokeback kindda way). Also I,unlike the England team, have goals.
      1) Make a grand. I need a 4 digit roll. I refuse to accept I can play the game well until I see $1000.
      2) For the First time in a while I have time. I want to put in time and hands to becoming a good player.
      3) I have spoken to just a few of you on here via skype and very little at that. I would like to talk to lots of you about anything but especially improving my game. I want coachings and look forward to sweat sessions.
      4) Develop my cash game, which is simply awful.

As of this moment I'm playing the $6 SNG's on FTP and actually quite enjoy them. I have only recently started playing them again after a little while on the MTT's but they challenge my commitment to much. Playing for 4 hours for 2 BI's can be testing. However I do intend to play the occasional one when my mindset is ready for such. Plus I would like to participate in series such as FTOPS Mini FTOPs SCOOP in the future when I'm rolled for such.
      However while I accept that SNG's are my thing that I am going to concentrate on the moment and improve on when I am good at them, I would like to begin a period of studying into cash games. I want to be an all rounder.

So as I'm starting this as of today I would like to start my stats as of today. This is my new begining and I'm as of now going to forget what's gone before and wipe the slate clean. And guys be harsh on me, whip me line. Tape me to the chair, whatever it takes you are going to make a profitable player.

My Roll: $331.05 My Game: $6 SNG
      My results so far: 8 SNG's-- ROI: 45%
      My short term goals:
      1) Get decent ROI-- 8%+
      2) Get in Volume (not mega grinding but consistent numbers most days)
      3) Get some people reading this (or else more women will have to appear)

My long term goals:
      1) Probably as I go up stakes move to standard SNG's where I think (correct me if I'm wrong) more poker is played as oppose to the heavily ICM based Turbo's.
      2) Learn to be an all rounder-- omaha/ MTT's/Cash-- not necesarily to take them as my main game but I think its healthy to learn.
      3) Get to 4 digits. A BIG must.

Thats about it for now guys, let it begin here. W00P W00P!
  • 18 replies
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      -Poker, I haven't played for a very long time but am amazed that I find a game where you got to make a combination of 5 cards out of 8 fun after like 3 years.

I don't know what game your playing. But last time i checked hold'em was played with 5 community cards and 2 hole cards :D
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      -Poker, I haven't played for a very long time but am amazed that I find a game where you got to make a combination of 5 cards out of 8 fun after like 3 years.

I don't know what game your playing. But last time i checked hold'em was played with 5 community cards and 2 hole cards :D
      I now feel small. That will obv be changed. That just goes to show you that not only does writing a blog at the same time affect your A-game but playing at the same time as typing affects your A-typing.

Lol's
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Irooz
      Subbed for more jamie eason :f_biggrin: We have her posted all over my gym, it's a nice distraction but it sucks when the test is flowin'

GL putting in more volume, i'm trying to do the same thing.

Where abouts in the uk are you?
      Just North of London in Hertfordshire, you?
      There will be more pics. I actually was looking for a sexy girl in a football/soccer strip but obviously typing football into google provides many nfl results, and how could i turn that down. I don't thinks so!!!
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze

So this is my first mini update, and I must say I'm not playing as much as I like a couple of hours a day aint bad but I want to develop this into more. But I'm in my element World Cup all day and now the golf, watching DJ dismantle himself. Hence the pic. ;)

Looking at my above posts about where people live, I'm wondering if we got any English guys living in the South East'ish area who might be up for a house game one day. We should get a little intercommunity community going on.

Anyway I'm feeling pumped about my poker atm and am looking forward to having some sweat sessions down the line. Challenges are required and I'm thinking of possible challenges against others to spark interest in the respective players poker. I think you play best when interest in doing well is high. I mean you always want to play well cos money alone is enough to make you want to try but the idea of winning money and a grudge match against a friend and possibly even a prop bet makes it all that much sweeter.

Thats it for now, Laterz
      However, 24 tournaments played thus far:
      My Roll: $362.05 My Game: $6 SNG
      My results so far: 24 SNG's-- ROI: 35%
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      more golfers can be arranged.

I live in Cheshunt about 30 mins from hatfield which is where I was today at the University of Hertfordshire
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Hi!!!!!

will follow glgllglgl! FROM SWEDEN
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      I promise to quit my bitchin and stick to my word eventually. I am dedicated but can you blame me. Life is just busy at the moment I free up all this time and what thanks do I get. Good weather, awesome football and a tennis match that lasts 11 hours plus a couple of hours statistics on top.

But seeing as I'm not one to complain I'll shut my pie whole and give you guys a reason to pop in once more:

New Balls...?

So anyway I have been still playin and will play more SnG's tonight once I've finished my couple of MTT's which me and Heffron wanted to look at over skype. Only thing is, he busted ages ago and has left to play these things out on stars which takes FOREVER. But nearly itm in both so fingers crossed its worth it.

Play Music-- what does everyone listen to I know of all the usual house stuff which I enjoy but as of recently I've got really picky with my house music and anything I'm not 100% feeling is tilting me! Anyone else get this. I am however still loving Frisky by Tinie Tempah!!!!

Which leads me to the question of festivals, is anyone going Reading?? Cos if so I'll see you there and who you looking forward to.

Back to my SnG's....... oh wait i got AKs in this MTT....nothing much came of it..... Yeah the SnG's are stll firing good on my snail paced growing sample size of the $6 turbos.

Played:45
      My Roll: $377.05 My Game: $6 SNG
      My results so far: 45 SNG's-- ROI: 24%
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      for those of you loving the Tempah
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      Another Day Another Few Dollars. My music taste at the moment seems to be about as bi polar as my mood swings in this unheard of heat wave we are getting here in England.

So anyway my taste today has ranged from

all the way to

And believe it or not I think it changes my play ever so slightly depending what I listen to. Listening to upbeat music definately makes me more aggressive.
      So there lies a little problem music allows me to play more, but affects me slightly (not that its reflected in my early results).

Thats about it for now bigger updates to come.

Played:69
      My Roll: $427 My Game: $6 SNG
      My results so far: 69 SNG's-- ROI: 27.82%
    • SlowOne
      SlowOne
      Bronze
      Hello! Just bumping in wishing good luck - run as good as you're now ;) .

You mentioned sweat sessions and challanges... If you need a partner for any, I just might be the right one, as I'm currently struggling with 6.5$ on FT as well.

Oh, and is it just me having hard time concentrating on your texts with pair of sweet eyes looking at me from every post?! :)
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot man, I think a 15%+ ROI is just about available if a few breaks go my way.

Have you got skype mate cos a sweat session would definately be helpful for both of us. Keep posting in here mate. I wanna see you in the $11 soon. :)
    • SlowOne
      SlowOne
      Bronze
      Cool. My skype: CoolCat. Add me and we'll have a go :f_p: .
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      Before you lol at the title I bring on the stats. In the back half of June I started this with 7 sessions admitedly small containing 69 tournaments of which I achieved a roi of 27% and a 20BI profit. As of July I have played 27 tournaments with an roi of -20% losing 6BI now I expect this to happen as they all do and am kind of enjoying the swingness of the game. But some profits soon will be nice.

Anyway World Cup is live so I thought I'd enlighten everyone who may not be interested ion football (is now praying this is not too big as it makes me lol)

Also Rafa won AGAIN. He's so damn good shame his career will become tinted by his use of performance enhancing drugs. Yes you heard it here first.

Other than watching sport life is good and is even better now football preseason is back now training wednesdays, thursdays saturdays and sundays occasionally on tuesdays and gym sessions in between. Really missed it while we were off and have been craving the last 2 weeks.(is it obvious my life evolves round sport)

Anyway that will have to be it for now as i got Big brother to watch :f_eek: and then I got some 5-a-side to play. Laters

Played:100
      My Roll: $402 My Game: $6 SNG
      My results so far: 100 SNG's-- ROI: 15.61%

EDIT: the image wouldnt work :( must find alternative make use of this in the meantime
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze

starting to hurt.
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      words dont do this justice.

• ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      Well I'm looking at the general trend of my blog thus far and it seems as though my blog length matches the length of my play. I'm in desperate need of some wins I'm on a 30 BI YES 30 BI dowswing which explains why I've had so little posts on here lately. Bad Beats and Suckouts a plenty with a bit of bad play chucked in for good measure.

I still blame the change of months its just crazy.
      JUNE: Tournaments-69 ROI-27.82 ITM-43.48 1st:15 2nd:2 3rd:13 With a profit of $124.79
      JULY: Tournaments-78 ROI--33.96 ITM-24.36 1st:6 2nd:6 3rd:7 With a total loss of $172.20

Which leaves me currently after having played 147 tournaments $47.41 down with a -4.96 ROI which I'm really really realy annoyed with.
      What to do?? Total Roll now stands at: $240