This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

250 Super turbos (graph inside) - Should I continue or not ?!

• FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Hi there ,
      I've started playing super turbo in the last couple of days (i dont have much time to play poker and my ICM is pretty good... I think ... lol....)
      At the beginning I've played set of 12 and then dropped down to 6 to focus more on the game and other players stats (around game 160).
      Today I've noticed that I've entered preflop with the best hand couple of times and lost . I was wandering , does this graph says anything (beside that I'm a slightly losing player... lol....)
      I keep learning and for super turbo I guess the volume isn't high enough.

If I check the box EV$ on the left side , the stats shows I'm around -2% ROI in this game...

This is not so bad , right ?

Would like to hear your 2cents...

• 10 replies
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      its superturbos and 250 is not a good sample. play about 2K then start looking at ROI.
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by i5bet72o
      its superturbos and 250 is not a good sample. play about 2K then start looking at ROI.
      Thank you.
      Is playing sets of 6 is a good idea or the only way to beat those is by volume and I'll need to put more volume into it per set ? (if I can play around 30 a day right now)
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      I also did an experience with $1 superturbos a few weeks ago. Also played around 200 or 300 and was about breakeven. I think not many people really play these for profit, they only crunch volume for rakeback, and getting breakeven is good enough. There is a ton of variance. I gave them up after 15 straight tourneys where I lost the first hand I played, virtually every time with 60/40 or 70/30 odds. If you are looking for a good ROI play turbo.
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      I played sets of 4, it's weird because one thinks it's 100% ICM, but you still miss out info even in these if you play too many. I tried playing up to 8 or 10 and my ROI definitely fell there.
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alenstrat
      I played sets of 4, it's weird because one thinks it's 100% ICM, but you still miss out info even in these if you play too many. I tried playing up to 8 or 10 and my ROI definitely fell there.
      how big your sample size?
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      but for your original question: i'd say no. superturbos are just so superswingy and edges are so small. playing regular sng or cg is much better imo.
    • 7OKER
      7OKER
      Bronze
      After 1.6k sng super turbo 2.25$:

2.25$ I played usualy on 12 tables for 60-90minuts and 5.3$ 6 or 12 tables

Mayby it is huge upswing.

After 1k 5.3$ Roi 7%, but i stoped playing this becouse it is quite boring and I don't like big swings.

I think on 10.5$ Roi 4% is good result but i play only few.

...yes I know, my english sucks;p
    • Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      7OKER how lose you push when no one busted in the sng yet ?

FWKanobi seems like you lose alot at bubble or 3rd place, I guess you play too tight and you dont take ur chance while ur 9man still, maybe push more BU,SB and push when u get chiplead but honestly it can be pure variance aswell, I started my first 150sng with 45% roi, after 400 it went down to like 10, few more hundred and it was down to 5, had huge unluck. what ranges u guys push, wonder how others play these super turbos.
    • 7OKER
      7OKER
      Bronze
      On beging I'm very tight, I don;t push even AQs from EP, and pretty loose on SB

Pepople are to loose in the beging and too tight when blinds are 40/80.

Few regulars (lol there are regulars on 2.15$ :) ) play it right and you have to adjust to thier loose SB and BU range.
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 7OKER
      On beging I'm very tight, I don;t push even AQs from EP, and pretty loose on SB

Pepople are to loose in the beging and too tight when blinds are 40/80.

Few regulars (lol there are regulars on 2.15$ :) ) play it right and you have to adjusted to thier loose SB and BU range.
      Yeah SNGWiz gives ATV from SB with no limpers ;)