250 Super turbos (graph inside) - Should I continue or not ?!

• FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Hi there ,
      I've started playing super turbo in the last couple of days (i dont have much time to play poker and my ICM is pretty good... I think ... lol....)
      At the beginning I've played set of 12 and then dropped down to 6 to focus more on the game and other players stats (around game 160).
      Today I've noticed that I've entered preflop with the best hand couple of times and lost . I was wandering , does this graph says anything (beside that I'm a slightly losing player... lol....)
      I keep learning and for super turbo I guess the volume isn't high enough.

If I check the box EV$ on the left side , the stats shows I'm around -2% ROI in this game...

This is not so bad , right ?

Would like to hear your 2cents...

• 10 replies
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      its superturbos and 250 is not a good sample. play about 2K then start looking at ROI.
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by i5bet72o
      its superturbos and 250 is not a good sample. play about 2K then start looking at ROI.
      Thank you.
      Is playing sets of 6 is a good idea or the only way to beat those is by volume and I'll need to put more volume into it per set ? (if I can play around 30 a day right now)
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      I also did an experience with $1 superturbos a few weeks ago. Also played around 200 or 300 and was about breakeven. I think not many people really play these for profit, they only crunch volume for rakeback, and getting breakeven is good enough. There is a ton of variance. I gave them up after 15 straight tourneys where I lost the first hand I played, virtually every time with 60/40 or 70/30 odds. If you are looking for a good ROI play turbo.
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      I played sets of 4, it's weird because one thinks it's 100% ICM, but you still miss out info even in these if you play too many. I tried playing up to 8 or 10 and my ROI definitely fell there.
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alenstrat
      I played sets of 4, it's weird because one thinks it's 100% ICM, but you still miss out info even in these if you play too many. I tried playing up to 8 or 10 and my ROI definitely fell there.
      how big your sample size?
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      but for your original question: i'd say no. superturbos are just so superswingy and edges are so small. playing regular sng or cg is much better imo.
    • 7OKER
      7OKER
      Bronze
      After 1.6k sng super turbo 2.25$:

2.25$ I played usualy on 12 tables for 60-90minuts and 5.3$ 6 or 12 tables

Mayby it is huge upswing.

After 1k 5.3$ Roi 7%, but i stoped playing this becouse it is quite boring and I don't like big swings.

I think on 10.5$ Roi 4% is good result but i play only few.

...yes I know, my english sucks;p
    • Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      7OKER how lose you push when no one busted in the sng yet ?

FWKanobi seems like you lose alot at bubble or 3rd place, I guess you play too tight and you dont take ur chance while ur 9man still, maybe push more BU,SB and push when u get chiplead but honestly it can be pure variance aswell, I started my first 150sng with 45% roi, after 400 it went down to like 10, few more hundred and it was down to 5, had huge unluck. what ranges u guys push, wonder how others play these super turbos.
    • 7OKER
      7OKER
      Bronze
      On beging I'm very tight, I don;t push even AQs from EP, and pretty loose on SB

Pepople are to loose in the beging and too tight when blinds are 40/80.

Few regulars (lol there are regulars on 2.15$ :) ) play it right and you have to adjust to thier loose SB and BU range.
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 7OKER
      On beging I'm very tight, I don;t push even AQs from EP, and pretty loose on SB

Pepople are to loose in the beging and too tight when blinds are 40/80.

Few regulars (lol there are regulars on 2.15$ :) ) play it right and you have to adjusted to thier loose SB and BU range.
      Yeah SNGWiz gives ATV from SB with no limpers ;)