Guide to SnGs for Fish

• gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Ged's Guide to Playing Like a SnG Fish:

1. - Open raise from MP2 - Get reshoved by tight reg - Snap call - Show K5o - Flop quads - fist pump

2. - On BU, flatcall raise from tight reg - Flop T82r - snap shove over his cbet- reg calls with KK - show Q6s - runner runner straight - fist pump

3. - Get dealt AA against reg's KK on bubble. Always. - fist pump

4. - Minraise with 10bb behind on bubble - Shortstack shoves - Fold with 6:1 pot odds. - shortstack mucks - he clearly had AA. pat self on back. what a soul read. you're such a good poker player. - fist pump :f_cool:

5. - Open raise early position - tight reg 3-bets - snap call - flop 7J2r - bet potsize - snap call regs shove - show Q8s - reg shows JJ - hit runner runner flush - fist pump

6. On CO, flatcall raise from tight reg - flop KT:heart: 2:heart: - raise reg's c-bet - snap call reg's shove - show 8:heart: 3:heart: , reg shows KK - turn flush - river Td, lose to reg's full house - spam chat box saying "lol nice suckout donk" - fist pump for playing +EV anyway, right? :f_biggrin:

Lose like a fish:

7. Open shove 95% of hands from 1st hand of SnG - Suck out 5 times against better hands to take massive chip lead - Rage when you lose HU to tight reg after KQ beats AT, JJ beats AK "I can never hit a f*cking board!!!!!" - Tilt - Blow bankroll on HU SnG - Full Tilt is rigged - Uninstall

8. Call All-In with from BB with 58s - Reg in SB shows 44 - lose flip - "I NEVER WIN FLIPS" - Tilt - Lose BR - Uninstall ("f*ck poker i'm going back to betting on horses")

9. Call reg's shove with 22 - Reg goes runner-runner for full-house with AKs - Full tilt is rigged - tilt - blow BR - uninstall

This was inspired by a similar thread on the forum for a pc game.. heroes of newerth... if you have similar situations with fish like this where you just wonder "WTF IS HE THINKING?!?!??!" post a reply below :P

General formula for playing like a fish:
      - PLAY BAD - RUN GOOD - "JEEZ I PLAY SO GOOD!"
      - PLAY BAD - RUN BAD - "FUCKING DONKS" or "THIS SITE IS RIGGED"
  • 25 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      1.Hmmm... suited rags. I'm going for implied odds here...

Full Tilt Poker $2 + $0.25 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t100/t200 Blinds - 5 players - View hand 762356
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BTN: t2830 M = 9.43
      SB: t3980 M = 13.27
      BB: t2510 M = 8.37
      Hero (UTG): t1765 M = 5.88
      CO: t2415 M = 8.05

Pre Flop: (t300) Hero is UTG with 2 :heart: K :spade:
      2 folds, BTN raises to t500, 1 fold, BB calls t300

Flop: (t1100) T :club: J :club: A :club: (2 players)
      BB bets t2010 all in, BTN calls t2010

Turn: (t5120) 9 :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t5120) 2 :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: t5120
      BTN shows Q :spade: A :spade: (a pair of Aces)
      BB shows 3 :club: 8 :club: (a flush, Ace high)
      BB wins t5120

2.Wow, I finally got AA in UTG. Better not raise to scare people off. I limp. Hehe, so many limpers I'm gonna win this SNG in one hand. Board comes 7c8c9c. I check, great board for them to bluff. CO bets, BU raises, BB shoves all in. YEAH!!! I got them. I shove. CO folds, BU calls. BB shows JcTc, UTG shows AhAd BU shows 9d9s. Turn x River x. BB wins with a straight flush Jack high.FUCKING DONKS!!! They always suckout on me.

First is a real situation, as you can see. The next just happens all too often but with different "suckouts" against limped AA.
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Epic lol at 2x PSB with 8-high flush :P
    • strosdegoz
      strosdegoz
      Bronze
      I saw this happen at least 300 times since yesterday, great thread.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Another one that happens a lot:

Spam chat box with:"Haha donk! No postflop skillzzzzz just all in.. That's what you get!" after reg shoves KQ from SB and runs into AA.
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      Hahahaha nice thread, I feel your pain!! :s_o: :s_mad:

Yeah, we've all been through these or worse. The most pathetic tourneys are the hyperturbos for sure, with all the fish limping in or min raising from the start, and they START with 10bb. :f_p: ROFLMAO!!
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      This hand would also fit in well here. It's a WSOP MTT but still...

Ernst Schmejkal opened to 250,000 from the button and Ayaz Mahmood made the call to see a {A-Hearts}{10-Diamonds}{9-Clubs} flop fall.

Mahmood checked and Schmejkal fired out a bet of 250,000 only to have Mahmood check-raise to 600,000 total.

With the action on Schmejkal, he sat deep in his chair contemplating a decision before quickly popping up and reaching for two stacks of green 25,000-denomination chips amounting to 1,000,000. Looking down at them behind his dark sunglasses, Schmejkal slowly slid them into the pot only to have Mahmood instantly announce he was all in.

With only 1,455,000 remaining in his stack, Schmejkal made the call to put his tournament life at risk.

Schmejkal: {A-Diamonds}{6-Spades}
      Mahmood: {Q-Hearts}{10-Hearts}

With Schmejkal in the lead, and in great shape to grab a stranglehold of the match, the dealer would burn and turn the {J-Diamonds} on the river to extend Mahmood's outs to a total of thirteen.

As the twenty or so people watching on pressed hard against the rail, the dealer slowly burned and turned the {K-Spades} on the river to complete Broadway for Mahmood.

YEAH!!! High fives and fist pump for that play. He sucked out a second time against TP with runner runner or 5 clean outs. I swear, only if you make the WORSE and most SILLY play at the RIGHT time can you win MTTs. This is just crazy!
    • strosdegoz
      strosdegoz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      1.Hmmm... suited rags. I'm going for implied odds here...

Full Tilt Poker $2 + $0.25 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t100/t200 Blinds - 5 players - View hand 762356
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BTN: t2830 M = 9.43
      SB: t3980 M = 13.27
      BB: t2510 M = 8.37
      Hero (UTG): t1765 M = 5.88
      CO: t2415 M = 8.05

Pre Flop: (t300) Hero is UTG with 2 :heart: K :spade:
      2 folds, BTN raises to t500, 1 fold, BB calls t300

Flop: (t1100) T :club: J :club: A :club: (2 players)
      BB bets t2010 all in, BTN calls t2010

Turn: (t5120) 9 :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t5120) 2 :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: t5120
      BTN shows Q :spade: A :spade: (a pair of Aces)
      BB shows 3 :club: 8 :club: (a flush, Ace high)
      BB wins t5120

2.Wow, I finally got AA in UTG. Better not raise to scare people off. I limp. Hehe, so many limpers I'm gonna win this SNG in one hand. Board comes 7c8c9c. I check, great board for them to bluff. CO bets, BU raises, BB shoves all in. YEAH!!! I got them. I shove. CO folds, BU calls. BB shows JcTc, UTG shows AhAd BU shows 9d9s. Turn x River x. BB wins with a straight flush Jack high.FUCKING DONKS!!! They always suckout on me.

First is a real situation, as you can see. The next just happens all too often but with different "suckouts" against limped AA.
      Next time protect your hand!
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Silver
      link to hon thread plz
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      lol nice thread ged i was amused.

7. snap call AA on the bubble, SB turns over JJ, type 'ty' in chat and 'i knew i would get you'. easy game. fist pump!
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Silver
      jam allin blind utg for something like 20bb, and have aces.

That's right, I just called phil hellmuth a fish ;) .
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chenny8888

Lol he definitely is a fish
      - Fold QQ with 15bb behind - get abused by Matusow - guy clearly had KK, fist pump for soulread... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTH4KNiMyjU

I'm trying to dig up the original hon thread but i cant find it.. its on those forums somewhere.... >.<
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      LOL@fist pumps! So funny!

Once I played live w/ a donkette (lady donk...) who re-raised me all-in and I called w AKs... she had 4-2os. Rivered deuce... Guess what? Fist pump!
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Question. What's a fist pump, and how is it different from a fist bump?
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      EDIT: accidental double post...
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze

Step one: hand out
      Step two: pull arm back towards side
      You have fist-pumped like a pro. Congratulations. :s_biggrin:
    • VilaRestal
      VilaRestal
      Bronze
      Ignore me, thought better of saying it.
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berzerger
      Question. What's a fist pump, and how is it different from a fist bump?
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Silver
      Originally posted by gedwashere91

- Fold QQ with 15bb behind - get abused by Matusow - guy clearly had KK, fist pump for soulread... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTH4KNiMyjU

I'm trying to dig up the original hon thread but i cant find it.. its on those forums somewhere.... >.<
      found it? what's the thread called i'll look too
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gedwashere91

found it? what's the thread called i'll look too
      I found the thread dude. I'm crying with laughter from rereading. So. Much. Win.

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=104463