What is the meaning of ID Check?

• Alfaorion
      Alfaorion
      Basic
      Normally it is impolite to discuss this subject here but after some replies from support i decided to this...

I have opened an account at bet365. And verified my account by talking customer support. ı have sent them my ID and after 3 days they called me and verified my account.

With the same ID Pokerstrategy did not verified my 50. I asked to support what is wrong? they only say that - we can not give details- That means they think that i am fraud. If i am fraud what is this message?

[B] Unfortunately, the ID check failed Unfortunately, we have to inform you that your user account did not pass the ID check. As a result, we cannot transfer the $50 starting capital to your account.

[COLOR=orangered]However, this does not affect your membership at PokerStrategy.com. In order to perfect your poker skills you can still participate in forum discussions, watch videos, join coaching sessions, read articles and of course unlock advanced content without any restrictions[/COLOR][/B]

The problem is not 50 usd... The problem is to say someone indirectly fraud... although i am not.

This web site is the best poker source i have ever seen. But this process is not fair. All you know that Bet365 is so sensitive at fraud accounts. And they verified that i am a real person and have one account sponsored by Pokerstrategy....

If you promised to give that 50 after steps you must give it. or tell me the details....

Best Regards
  • 10 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hi Alfaorion,

Sorry to hear that your first experience of PokerStrategy has not been as enjoyable as we would normally expect it would be.

PokerStrategy do reserve the right to refuse providing the $50 starting capital, but would only do so with good reason, e.g. if you fail the quiz, fail to pass the ID check, have applied on multiple occasions or for legal reasons (U.S. resident) etc. The vast majority of applications are successful.

Moderators do not have access to your details for your own safety/security and so I cannot tell why exactly you were refused and the customer support team may choose to not provide a detailed reason if it meant giving away some of the security measures that it is required to undertake. I would however suggest contacting them again to explain your concerns and to see if they are happy to provide you with more details on their decision.

I hope this reassures you a little, we really are a very friendly community here and would really welcome you with open arms if you chose to stay and are able to sort out the starting capital or deposited a little money yourself.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • Alfaorion
      Alfaorion
      Basic
      Thanks for your reply.

This is why i am suprised and decided to open this thread. Everything is excellent at this community. Forum mods and smods are helpfull. But the process is not fair.

I am living at China. But not China citizen. I sent my scanned copy of my passport. I passed the quiz. Bet365 verified my account with KYC.

You will earn money from my rakes at bet365 in the future. Now i am also your customer. And if you promise to give starting capital you must do it. If you don't accept you have 2 choices;

1: Call bet365 and delete sponshorship of my account.
      2: Or tell me the real reason for this.
    • firewater123
      firewater123
      Basic
      Hello, this is to the moderater. This does not mean anything towards anyone, and if I sound a little rude, I appoligize extremely!

My point is that after you pass the quiz, a screen comes up. It says..." The $50 are yours and have been secured." then it says... "Until your $50 are there..", then it names off stuff about pokerstrategy.com (best site ever). So maybe you should suggest to the owner about that. If I sound rude I am sorry.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

We appreciate your frustration, however the ID Check as my colleague Steve (TheBu11d0g) has already confirmed is an important part of qualifying for the free starting capital and is included in the terms & conditions which you have signed up to. It is a requirement that you pass the quiz & the ID check to be entitled to the free money.

Whilst the vast majority of applicants pass this step and receive the starting capital without problems, there are a number of reasons why you might fail. We are not saying that you are necessarily fraudulently trying to obtain the money, just that there is a simple requirement to be met which for whatever reason you have failed to meet.

PokerStrategy are not obliged to provide you with the exact reason for failure, as in some cases that would give away some of the security measures it employs and in itself could possibly open up the system to abuse by a few.

As Steve has already confirmed, moderators do not have access to your account details (again to protect your personal data). As the support team have confirmed, whilst you do not qualify for the free starting capital, you are entitled to deposit a little of your own funds (and benefit from our great First Deposit Bonuses) with which to build up from. By doing so and playing poker on your tracked account, you would gain PokerStrategy points in the same way as all other members and open up the vast wealth of strategy material, free live coaching & other benefits that we all enjoy here.

I hope this clarifies the position a little better for you and that you will stay and open up all the fantastic benefits of membership we offer here, of which the $50 free capital is just a very small part of. If not, we wish you all the very best in your poker journey wherever that may be.

Best regards,

Bart
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by firewater123
      If I sound rude I am sorry.
      Hi firewater123,

Not at all, we always welcome constuctive suggestions and feedback here at PokerStrategy and really value members opinions.

In this particular case however, the website does indicate that you must sign up to the terms & conditions (linked in my last post above) at first registration. These cover all legal aspects and also ensure that PokerStrategy treat you fairly and vice versa. These conditions apply to all of us here, even moderators.... hmmm maybe especially moderators :D

At the end of the day, PokerStrategy are giving away free money, many hundreds of '000s and reserve the right to set a simple criteria which must be met to protect itself from abuse/fraud/legal aspects.

If you read the T&C's in the link provided, this includes but is not restricted to you confirming that you are over 18, poker is not illegal in your country, you will only apply to PokerStrategy once, any ID requested will be forwarded and complete etc etc.

Like I mentioned in my last post, the free starting capital is just a small part of the benefits we can provide to you here.

If you have any questions or would like clarification on any aspect (other than the exact reason you may have been declined ofc), please do let us know.

Best regards,

Bart
    • amdatoriilastat
      amdatoriilastat
      Bronze
      I am sorry for posting here but didn't knew were to post .
      It's ok if u do a photo on ur on my ID and another photo on my with me on my face and send them both for ID check ?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi amdatoriilastat & welcome to the community,

The support team will advise you exactly which documents are required in order to verifiy your ID, these may vary on occasions, but support will help to guide you through the process.

Just ensure that everything you supply is as good a quality image as possible.

All of your personal data and images are treated with strict privacy and kept securely. They will never be provided to anyone outside of PokerStrategy's support team and will only be used to verify your ID. PokerStrategy is hugely respected and trustworthy company to deal with.

Hope this helps, if you have any further questions, don't hesitate to the support team or give us a shout in the forums.

Best regards,

Bart
    • ravesAces
      ravesAces
      Basic
      my brother told me about this site and i registered for the $50 at 5.00pm today...he told me he was given the starting capital after a few hours...does this mean i will not receive it or does it just mean it taked longer some days than others
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Hi ravesAces,

Please be patient. Our support team is going to check your account soon and you should hear back from them in about 12 - 24 hours.

Regards,
      thunder
    • ravesAces
      ravesAces
      Basic
      thanks...i just wasnt sure how long it took