Raping bubbles for a livin?(SNGs + MTTs)

• IhasLuck
      IhasLuck
      Bronze
      Hello everyone

I'm Paulius(or Paul w/e) from Lithuania, livin with my parents so I don't really need any income yet since i've got 1 more year till I finish High school and join a Uni.

Few weeks later after turning 18 I joined the pokerstrategy (not as a beginner tho) got my 50$ went to try partypoker, didnt like it and lost all the moneyz. So decided to stay with FT and stars. Put 600$ into stars for the bonus first, since i'm more familiar with it (fulltilt comes next) and I started grinding the 6.5$ SNGs since June 1st.

The start was ok at my 413 games i had 21.5 BI profit and at my 505 games it's gone down 7.4BI, I am 22BI below EV. My EV ROI is only 3% but as long as I'm improving and playing a lot it's ok. I am 9-tabling successive rather easily and After I get a better(2nd) monitor, will try to add more tables.

On the days when i've got nothing planned for the afternoon I start some MTTs at about 10AM so that I get my Evening free ( since that's when I usually play SNGs) I've had a great run at MTTs with 781$ Profit and my Biggest cashes being:
      2nd place in a 3.3$ MTT with 2.2k entrants for 665$
      11th place in a 5.5$ with 1.2k entrants for 189$ (bad idea since it cost me 45$ total cuz i've ran horrible early)

Short term goals:
      :spade: Reaching Goldstar, means 100VPP everyday ~38sngs (will be hard since I am 5 days behind and will lose some days due to RL stuff)
      This goal is mostly for Volume, need to clear that 600$ in 90 days and it requires more than Goldstar every month to do it (10.2k VPPs)

:heart: Keep atleast a 3.5% EV ROI

:diamond: Once reached Gold status watch videos daily and attend a few coachings

:club: Improve Tilt-management in MTTs(Had a problem of losing tourneys due to tilt) basically this means ending the tourneys happy in the way I played.

Long term goals:
      :spade: Clear 600$ bonus at stars and move to Fulltilt at September
      :heart: Get more and bigger MTT cashes
      :diamond: Move to 16$ at stars by the end of summer
      :club: Keep enjoying the game :f_biggrin:
  • 51 replies
    • IhasLuck
      IhasLuck
      Bronze
      6.5$ SNGs Graph so far
    • Strahinjak
      Strahinjak
      Bronze
      Thats one ugly downswing :(

Good luck with your blog.
    • IhasLuck
      IhasLuck
      Bronze
      Thanks Strah ;)

So after startin this blog I felt more motivated watched one silver video and played a session not long after and boy it worked made 11bi after a break i played another session and wasnt so lucky then got -3.5BI
      In overall the day was decent,
      After 63 games im UP 7.5 BI

Peace out!
    • IhasLuck
      IhasLuck
      Bronze
      Hehehe had a really nice day today, just reviewed all my today's sngs and the result is not as it should be, ran into way way way too many monsters/dominating hands. WAAAAY too many.. caught some tilt in the end making some bad postflop play, which didn't make that much difference to the result which is:

• IhasLuck
      IhasLuck
      Bronze
      Hello nobody reading this,

Had another wonderful day, it's quite weird how good i'm handling it tho, as you might have guessed lady luck is still punishing me, im down 44BI since friday and that's 42BI behind EV. :] any1 wanna sweat? that usually helps :D and here are the funny pictures:

• lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      hey there luck,

those are some big downers... that last one is sickening. it happens to everyone so just keep playing your A game and avoid tilting :P

good luck,
      <3
    • BOBOsvk
      BOBOsvk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lessthanthreee
      hey there luck,

those are some big downers... that last one is sickening. it happens to everyone so just keep playing your A game and avoid tilting :P

good luck,
      <3
      +1
      confirmed lol
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Ahhh sick graphs dude.. that's not fun.
      Just stick it out, keep playing good poker, keep learning new things, and your winnings will sort themselves out in the long run :s_biggrin:

Catch you on skype sometime dude
      Ged :diamond:
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Holy crap! I've forgotten how cruel SNGs can be...

Keep up the ICM pushes and it's all gonna be fine! :f_cool:
    • IhasLuck
      IhasLuck
      Bronze
      Thanks everyone for your support also I won a lottery yesterday, was dealt QQ 3 times in a row on a single table, the chances of that happenin is 1/10m ;P
    • SeriousThreat
      SeriousThreat
      Bronze
      You're in big money. Good luck.
      Though I'm expecting (haven't received 50$ bonus yet) to play low buy-in SnG's and MTT's, I will continue to follow your blog, as nobody knows how far I will get. :)
      As I'm beginner, can anyone explain abbreviations - EV ROI(expected value ???), BI (buy-ins?) , A game?
    • IhasLuck
      IhasLuck
      Bronze
      Failed all of my Short-term goals due to swings and stuff in rl which affected my volume a lot.
      I was OOP for 10d irl so i couldnt play poker.
      i thought about poker a lot and about the swing, i came up with one thing and that is..
      I will play only SNGs and study only SNGs until i reach the BR for 16s and have a shot at those(if i'll manage to do that until autumn)
      If i fail at 16s and have to move down, i'll finish clearing my bonus at 6s and play some mtts. I'll move to fulltilt once done.
      If i establish myself at the 16s ill keep studying sngs but will add some mtts later on. Will move to fullltilt in autumn too tho.

I played my first session after a long time of 18 sngs, ended up 6 bi down, 7 below ev, it never stops :s_mad:
    • IhasLuck
      IhasLuck
      Bronze
      Howdy all,

Been a while till I updated my blog and that's mostly because nothing interesting was happening for me. The downswing carried on for a while after my last post but not long after I've started getting back up:)

I've joined the micro sngs study group and had a lot of sweat sessions/chatting going on this month, that and lack of motivation cuz of the swings decreased my volume, but it helped the quality of my game. I loosened up in some spots i was still too tight and will continue to fix leaks.

Now that it's all going well again i hope i will manage to put in enough volume to clear as much of the bonus as i can. atm i have 140/600 $ cleared so that's pretty low.

and some graphs:

Current month yay!

All time:
    • Schris7
      Schris7
      Bronze
      yo there . as a sng player i ll give u some free tips :D
      First read lessonthree's blog . U will get motivated and u can see what u can achieve with hard work and study , its a really inspiration blog . Now as far as the improvement of your game as u ve already noticed sweat sessions are really important , especially in the beginning of a "career" or trying a new limit talking with guys who play equal or higher limit than u can really help u.
      For the variance u ll just have to accept it that u cant do anything about that , put as much volume as u can trying to make right calls and profit will come .

gl and be happy when u get bad beated by someone who made a bad move ( these kind of guys will make u a winner player )
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      It was nice to run into you on the 6.50's the other day.
      Your EV line looks decent, keep bringing your best game to the table and the money will sure folow :)

GL and keep the grind on the mind =)
    • IhasLuck
      IhasLuck
      Bronze
      Ok i've played some more yday and i sucked out. I sucked out a lot, in one part of the session i was winning every all in and i shoved QJo into AA and flop came K34 and i thought ok i cant suckout now, the turn brought a 9 an I was like wtf? ?( river's Ten? and it was, i started laughing.

Anyway for the day it was so awesome as the previous ones but it's still good, went up 4BI continuing to decrease my losses. :f_biggrin:

Originally posted by Schris7
      yo there . as a sng player i ll give u some free tips :D
      First read lessonthree's blog . U will get motivated and u can see what u can achieve with hard work and study , its a really inspiration blog . Now as far as the improvement of your game as u ve already noticed sweat sessions are really important , especially in the beginning of a "career" or trying a new limit talking with guys who play equal or higher limit than u can really help u.
      For the variance u ll just have to accept it that u cant do anything about that , put as much volume as u can trying to make right calls and profit will come .

gl and be happy when u get bad beated by someone who made a bad move ( these kind of guys will make u a winner player )
      Thanks for the free tips and yeah I've read lessthanthree's blog, it's great.
      For the variance, it just showed me what it's capable of and i know it's gonna be worse one day and i feel that when it comes I'll be prepared.

Originally posted by viewer88
      It was nice to run into you on the 6.50's the other day.
      Your EV line looks decent, keep bringing your best game to the table and the money will sure folow :)

GL and keep the grind on the mind =)
      Was nice to run into you too:) GL with 16s if you're doing those:)
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I hope to see you at the 16's soon :f_grin:
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Silver
      What! that is awful I have reported it right away and they caught 2 suspect do you recognise one of these suspects

EDIT: oh, just read the blog now and see you meant finishing just out the money a lot and not actually getting raped by bubbles. Sorry about that :P .

Hope you will get out this downswing soon and start winning again :s_cool:
    • IhasLuck
      IhasLuck
      Bronze
      Ok so after the bad things end, good things start;) Just had my best day in poker ever.. enjoy the graphs

Best day:

All time: