$14.03
      SB:
      $6.39
      BB (Hero):
      $22.10
      MP2:
      $9.04

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A.
      MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.40, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30, MP2 calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.25) 4, 8, A (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80, MP2 calls $0.80.

Turn: ($3.65) A (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO bets $2.60, Hero calls $2.60, MP2 folds.

River: ($8.85) 6 (2 players)
      [COLOR=black]Hero ?

should i play this more agrassive pre/flop/turn?

i called pre becouse OOP. on flop i check/call - don't want to scare off worse aces, pp. Turn, only thing that beats me is pocket 4's,8's,A4,A8 so i check/call.(mby bet/call better?) River doesn't change anything (don't think he plays flushdraw this way), should i push here? (he has $8,3 left) or check/push?
      Villain 140 hands vp 27.5/prf 26
  • 3 replies
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      Preflop I am 3betting/getting it in depending upon his 4bet % and the size of his 4bet. If his 4b looks rather small I would jam over it, but if its big or you've not seen him 3b/4b a lot then I'd fold (although from his VPIP/PFR I think just getting it in is fine).

As played I think you just have to check/call each street - he can be valuebetting worse Ax and the only place to donk out would be on the flop - donking on the turn is a bit stupid cos you lose a lot of value from when he fires again with a bluff.

The river isn't nice, but he can be valuebetting worse hands and even bluffing maybe so I would just check/call.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Hey martins1337,

Pre-Flop: Don't EVER flat AK OOP pre-flop. It's a really bad line to take and folding is probably marginally better :)

I'd like to see you 3bet to around $1.20 to extract value from worse hands and to allow you to stack your opponent :)

Flop: As played I don't really like your line here either. You are letting him bet his draws and you are also giving MP2 the price to call with a wide range of cards. You need to raise this flop.

Turn: You really need to raise somewhere in this hand. You are getting minimum value from your strong hand. Raise this turn to protect from draws :)

River: As played I would call depending on his bet size. If he shoves I would probably fold but I would call to a small bet. If he has a flush here you let him get there really.

I hope this helps

Kind Regards,
      Toby
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd only flat AK preflop out of position against huge nits or as a mix-up against people good enough to take that out of my range when I don't 3-bet (usually with the plan of coolering a worse Ax by representing an insanely tight range when I play it super fast postflop, resulting in people with a brain calling down too light. If you didn't get that don't worry, nobody needs it at microstakes). Just 3-bet it when in doubt, $1.3 looks fine.

I'm fine with the flop check/call, if you check/raise 3-way with an A on board it usually looks strong enough for the average player in CO's spot to get away from a strong Ax hand. True there are club draws out of there but it's not that big of a deal and we really don't want worse Ax hands to fold.

As played on the turn I'd donk out and go broke against anybody, if they just call the turn jam pretty much most rivers. Whoever has the last Ax hand will never fold it now and when they don't have trips they're just not going to bet on their own anyway. The fish will call again with clubs and likely 8x as well so we get value all around. When you start by checking just check/raise/call.

As played on the river it's ugly when a club comes but it's not that likely that CO did this with a flushdraw on earlier streets, and our line looks enough like a flushdraw that 1/ he might not bet worse trips when checked to in fear that we have the flush 2/ if we bet out he shouldn't be ninja shoving anything short of a flush over since we could have a very strong flush ourselves. Given that I'd bet out something worse trips can call like $4-$5 and fold to a shove unless I think he's spazzy/bad enough for my reads to sometimes be wrong, in which case with those odds I'm calling while feeling awful about it :p

Hope it helps.