BSS SH blog. Steady motions

• Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      Hey, I have a bit of a history here, I was once young and impatient, and probably still am. Fortunately for me, I managed to get a $70 BR(+$80 in my entro visa account which I can throw on at any time, so effectively $150 and within BRM) and I decided to start playing SH.

I havn't played poker in a fair while, I'm not sure the exact length but more than 6 months. I had a quick read through the bronze guides, I used to be a gold, but alas, those were days gone by when I could 16 table SSS NL50 and lose my entire BR in 3 days.

Anyways, as I said, had a look through the bronze guides, watched a video of SH NL10, and from there, I hit the tables.

Currently playing a manageable 4 tables NL4 on titan poker, I have a couple of goals I'd like to list first.

-At least 5k hands per week.

-Learn how to identify the regulars from the "decent" players.

-Move up to NL10 before July 20th and get silver on PS.

-Move up to NL20 before september and get gold on PS.

-Post at least 10 hands on the forums per week(this will be put on hold until I can get elephant working with titan, or just withdraw my money from titan and be done with it, I hate the new software.)

-At least 2 hours per week of study sessions. Including reviewing hands and watching videos.

Also a list of things I want to avoid:

-Moving up limits too quickly.

-Playing hands I know are probably drawing dead.

-Paying off fish who hit their draws when I KNOW they hit their draws.

-Tilting.

I played 3k hands today and I'm climbing steadily after a bit of a shaky start trying to get back into it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
      Generated $26 in rake or thereabouts. Another $5 and I unlock the first $5 of a $250 bonus I have.

STATS:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
      I think I might be limping and cold calling a little too often.

I sometimes cold call a UTG or MP raise with KQs or other sub par hands when I have position, which I could easily afford to fold.

I also think I may be overplaying the button and cutoff position. My VPIP and PFR for the button is 30/27 respectively. I think I would have a little more success if I could drop that number to around 27/25

AAANYYYWAYS, profits time:

Starting bankroll: $70.79
      Profit: $43.29
      Current bankroll: $114.08
      And if that somehow doesn't add up, sorry, the universe is actually fake.

Hand of the day:

iPoker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (6 handed) - iPoker Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

BB ($6.15)
      UTG ($2.97)
      MP ($4.20)
      CO ($6.84)
      Hero (Button) ($4.86)
      SB ($5.12)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J:heart: , A:diamond:
      2 folds, CO calls $0.04, Hero bets $0.16, SB raises to $0.56, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.20) 9:diamond: , 7:spade: , J:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.92, Hero raises to $2.20, SB calls $1.28

Turn: ($5.60) 5:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $2.36 (All-In), Hero calls $2.10 (All-In)

River: ($9.80) K:heart: (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $9.80 | Rake: $0.65

Results:
      Hero mucked J:heart: , A:diamond: (one pair, Jacks).
      SB had A:club: , K:club: (one pair, Kings).
      Outcome: SB won $9.41
  • 3 replies
    • SamBurton5
      SamBurton5
      Bronze
      will keep looking at this blog, i was going to do sit n gos but might to cash games now and would be at your limit size to playing SH do you have skype?
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      sure do, my skype is semesaa
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      I've lost 3 buyins today over about 3k hands, and I can honestly say that its 90% due to the fact that over 3k hands I've had AK about 20 times, raised or 3 bet, and only hit the flop ONCE(in 20 hands)

Also lots of other bad beats made me a little angry, I think i tilted a little today but not majorly.

BR is around $105 at the moment.

edit: another stack gone while I'm typing this, top set 7s beat by a guy holding pocket pair 5s on runner runner straight draw(flop was 763)

edit: I feel like I'm doing everything right but just not hitting ANYTHING on the flop. VERY frustrating.

edit2: FINALLY my AQ hits against 2 villain, 1 shortstack 1 100bb deep and super aggressive. re-raise him all in, OH COOL, KK. There goes another stack.

I think I'm just gunna wait till I get KQ and shove every hand -,- its the only hand I actually profit from

edit3: JUST as i post that my KQ 2pair gets busted by a set on the turn. MY LIFE IS AWESOME