Stack
      Hero:
      $2.30
      BB:
      $0.70
      BU:
      $2.00

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:heart: , J:spade:
      2 folds, BU raises to $0.07, Hero raises to $0.24, BB calls $0.22, BU calls $0.17.

Flop: ($0.72) 4:diamond: , K:spade: , 8:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.22, 2 folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.72

Should I c-bet in this situation? I realise it's probably quite a good flop to do it on, but with 2 players behind I just think it's very likely one is holding AK or QQ+ played weirdly.

Once BB bets I have to fold right?
  • 3 replies
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Hey Jeffers16,

I think check/folding puts your hand face up. Although I don't think anyone at this limit would realize that and bet with air. The sample is pretty irrelevant and I think he can be betting with flush draws, Kx, under pairs, etc.

As played I think you could call once and re-evaluate the turn because the bet sizing is small and the other player is out of the pot.

If the board was rainbow then I would probably lead but I don't like betting that hand in a 3 way two tone board
    • Jeffers16
      Jeffers16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      Hey Jeffers16,

I think check/folding puts your hand face up. Although I don't think anyone at this limit would realize that and bet with air. The sample is pretty irrelevant and I think he can be betting with flush draws, Kx, under pairs, etc.

As played I think you could call once and re-evaluate the turn because the bet sizing is small and the other player is out of the pot.

If the board was rainbow then I would probably lead but I don't like betting that hand in a 3 way two tone board
      Thanks very much for the reply.

What is meant by the bolded part? Thanks

Also BB will be pot commited so can I really call, won't he be putting the rest of his chips in on the turn pretty much every time?

That is also what confused me, the fact that he didn't go all in on the flop. I wasn't sure what to make of this, does anyone have any experience with what this would generally mean? Bluff and wants to hold onto a few $$ or does villain just want someone to reraise him?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Bolded part means a decent hand reader will be able to take Kx+ as well as pure air out of your range because you should usually c-bet those heads, meaning he'll know you have some middling pair most of the time and he'll be able to play perfectly against your hand. TobyCS isn't worried about that at nl2 because people usually aren't capable of noticing that and even for those who are, they won't know how to exploit it best.

I think that out of all your options, check/fold sucks less. I'm not really worried about people having AK or QQ too often since that's with those hands they should look to get it in preflop the more often, however I do think it's quite likely the tightish BB has a hand he won't be looking to fold and with a 3rd player in the pot being out of position it's just an ugly spot for us to throw more money in with a possible 2-outer.

Hope it helps.