Stack
      BB:
      $2,07
      Hero:
      $6,11
      CO:
      $5,00

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:diamond: , K:club:
      Hero raises to $0,12, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,12, 2 folds, BB calls $0,07.

Flop: ($0,38) T:spade: , T:heart: , K:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,22, CO raises to $0,60, BB folds, Hero calls $0,38.

Turn: ($1,58) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1,00, Hero calls $1,00.

River: ($3,58) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3,28 (All-In), Hero calls $3,28.

Final Pot: $10,14

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, tens full of kings (Ad Kc)
      CO shows four of a kind, tens (9d Td)

CO wins with four of a kind, tens (9d Td)
  • 2 replies
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Hello JustAboutMoney,

Pre-Flop: I would like to see you raise more pre-flop. I like a 3.5bb raise on the CO.

Flop: I think he can be raising the flop with a wide range. Flush draws, straight draws, combo draws, worse Kings, some underpairs and also some Tx hands. I think b/c seems good and you can re-evaluate on the turn. Although some times I like 3betting the flop

Turn: I think on the turn you should raise and get it in. He's calling with worse Kings, probably combo draws which have decent equity against the pot size, etc.

River: As played I think the river is fine and it's just unlucky he had a T in this spot. He usually wouldn't :)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I kinda disagree with a lot of that.

Originally posted by TobyCS
      Hello JustAboutMoney,

Pre-Flop: I would like to see you raise more pre-flop. I like a 3.5bb raise on the CO.
      That's fine.

Flop: I think he can be raising the flop with a wide range. Flush draws, straight draws, combo draws, worse Kings, some underpairs and also some Tx hands. I think b/c seems good and you can re-evaluate on the turn. Although some times I like 3betting the flop
      Granted it's a small sample but the guy has "nit" written over his 8/4 stats so far, we aren't even sure he would check/raise ANY draw and I'd bet big money that he's never check/raising Kx. Since Tx are usually hands people play very often as long as it's somewhat connected it's very credible for him to have flopped trips. Frankly if he had the same stats after 100 hands I'd c-bet/fold the flop without thinking twice about it.

Turn: I think on the turn you should raise and get it in. He's calling with worse Kings, probably combo draws which have decent equity against the pot size, etc.
      There are no worse Kx hands out there unless you want to count our A for like a 3-out freeroll or something, and again I don't think that guy would c/r a K on the flop to begin with. As for combodraws again we're not even sure he would play them that fast on the flop and even less that he would barrel the turn again when every Kx hand has a boat and he's drawing dead, instead of taking a free card / giving up. I think unless he suddenly went insane we're no good at all.

River: As played I think the river is fine and it's just unlucky he had a T in this spot. He usually wouldn't :)
      Again we only beat a pure bluff from a guy who looks like a nit with a range of

- hands that beats us that are mathematically unlikely but that he would certainly play like that.
      - 3 barrel bluffs started by a passive player check/raising a draw on a paired board.

Guess which ones end up being more likely. I can't side with the "it's just unlucky" opinion on this one.

Hope it helps.