This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

2 Hands 2 Discuss, Luck & BR...

• GhostKing
      GhostKing
      Bronze
      I played 1 hour @ a NL SH Table $0.50/$1 just to start generating some rake and evaluate Interpoker. i just received a mail from them inviting me to sit @ a cash game table and generate 1 MPP to receive a $20 Bonus.

Well, at first I tried the lowest limit available but figured that I had little chance to generate any MPP on this, So I jumped to the NL50 keeping in mind that the only goal was the rake :)

In the first 15een minutes, I just stoled some blinds and played very few hands, playing a very tight game, evaluating my opponents. All where between 25% & 45% flop viewed. Next, I had three goods hands in 30 minutes. One rockets AA that met no opponents with a middle position 3BB raise preflop, one KK vs 1 opponent that fold on the flop after a half pot bet and the following 56s that went to the flop on a BB position with 3 opponents (late position, button and SB limp in).

The flop was 5 6 7 rainbow. Pot was $4.
      SB Check, I bet $6 to protect my double pair and ask if any had a straight and just hoping to get a heads'up.
      Late fold, Button puts all in with $73, SB fold...
      There I was in trouble. I thought about a trips, a nuts straight or a AA/KK.

I just folded after a 20sec hesitation. The other showed an AK offsuit. Sigh... He was pretenting that he played this very well. I really doubt it. What do you think about it ? What would you have done in the same situation ?

Later, close to the end of my session, I received a 66 @ button. Was @ +$10 from start. Mid and first late fold, last late position limped in. As i had a very tight image, I decided to go all in and steal (maybe not a good idea but thought I would face no opponent as they had all low stacks below $30). SB & BB folded. The limper went all in with $23. I was unlucky, the guy slowplayed a QQ. So, I was just thinking that I definitely should not overplay low pockets. The flop showed 4 5 Q rainbow. sigh. The turn showed 7. I prayed... I had the odds for a straight !!! And the river went to 8.
      I'm not proud of that hand but thanks to that I got my MPP generated and won $23 with one hand. The session ended with +$31 (+ $20 bonus by Interpoker). I have been lucky and just felt sorry for him as I just remembered how I would have been angry if I were him. Well that's poker...

Now I can just settle and strat to raise a BR at lower limits, having $104 thanks to PokerStrategy, InterPoker and luck. :D

It was a good night...
  • 1 reply
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi GhostKing!

You got very lucky by starting at NL50 with your $50 starting capital just to collect MPP. I recommend that you reread our article about bankrollmanagement.
      Concerning your 65 hand: I think it's sufficient if you bet pot size ($4) on the flop to protect your hand. An overbet doesn't make much sense because a player who calls a potsize bet will also call an overbet. So you are getting the same result by betting (and risking) less. After the all-in push I would have folded as well because you are behind a better two pair, a set or a straight. You only beat a bluff.
      Concerning your 66 hand: You just got lucky. Don't play 66 that way. Just limp from the button and hope to hit a set. In some occasions you might also raise 5xBB, but an all-in is definitely the wrong move here.

All in all I strongly recommend that you reread our strategy articles.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81