Error: The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000005)

• vidasmile
      vidasmile
      Bronze
      Hello,
      I got 1000 points and decided to download the full version elephant.
      When I install it (and postgre) I allways get several messages while oppening the elephant:
      "The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application."
      I push 2-4 times "OK" on the same message and then they ask me to create a database. I allready created a database while installing Postgre, so I write the name and pasword of database, and allways got a message that such a database allready exist and I dont need to create a database.
      After that I get the this message again:
      "The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application."
      I push "OK" for several times. The messages dissapear. But nothing is working on Poker Stars Sit and Go.
      And finaly I did not understand why the system dont ask me for the machine code or license code. Where should I put it?
      Thanks.

And somekind of error report somethere in control panel:

Event Type: Error
      Event Source: sr
      Event Category: None
      Event ID: 1
      Date: 2010.06.21
      Time: 05:51:10
      User: N/A
      Computer: AURIS
      Description:
      The System Restore filter encountered the unexpected error '0xC0000056' while processing the file 'nls302en.lex.new' on the volume 'HarddiskVolume1'. It has stopped monitoring the volume.
  • 5 replies
    • MichaelWagner42
      MichaelWagner42
      Bronze
      Hi,

Please use the latest release candidate from our Elephant Developer Blog. Does it work now?

Ciao
      Michael
    • vidasmile
      vidasmile
      Bronze
      Hello,
      I unninstall the old version of Elephant and install the version you gave to me.
      I found where to enter the license code (it was said that I did it succsessfuly and will use the full version ), but the problem persist:
      I get several pop ups with "The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application."
      I push OK, and then I am asked to "create" a database. When I write the name and the pasword, it is said that "Such database allreaddy exists, and I dont need to create a new one".
      After that I get the permision to import hand histories (I can see the list of them). BUT when I push the IMPORT button I get this popup:
      "PokerStrategy.com Elephant has encountered a problem and needs to close. ... Please tell MIcrosoft about this problem. We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve PokerStrategy.com"
      After I push "Dont send" Elephant closes.
      I restarted the computer but the problem persist the same.
      Coud you still help me?
      Thanks.
      Vida
    • MichaelWagner42
      MichaelWagner42
      Bronze
      Hi again,

That sounds really odd. Which OS are you on? Are all Windows patches installed?
      Please also post the Elephant log file here.

Thanks
      Michael
    • vidasmile
      vidasmile
      Bronze
      First of all, Sorry for the second same thread. I am new in a forum :) Could not find the first thread so posted the second, then found the first but could not delete the second :)

The Elephant log file is here:

2010-06-22 11:19:48,359 - 125 (UTC:2010-06-22 08:19:48,359) [1] INFO Welcome Message:
      ---------------------------------------- Launching 'Elephant.exe' (Version: 0.84.1297.2106) ----------------------------------------------------------------------
      2010-06-22 11:19:50,703 - 2468 (UTC:2010-06-22 08:19:50,703) [5] INFO Welcome Message:
      -------------------- System Info --------------------
      CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2500+ at 1830 Mhz with 1 cores (x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0)
      OS : Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3)
      RAM: 1.25GB
      Culture info: en-US

2010-06-22 11:21:39,781 - 111546 (UTC:2010-06-22 08:21:39,781) [1] ERROR PBNLogger:
      -------------------- System.IO.FileNotFoundException --------------------
      - Message: Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\vidasmile\Local Settings\Temp\rxpysngu.dll'.
      - FileName: C:\Documents and Settings\vidasmile\Local Settings\Temp\rxpysngu.dll
      - FusionLog: <null>
      - Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
      - TargetSite: Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
      - HelpLink: <null>
      - Source: mscorlib
      - InnerException: <null><none>
      - StackTrace:
      at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
      at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
      at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
      at Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.FromFileBatch(CompilerParameters options, String[] fileNames)
      at Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.FromSourceBatch(CompilerParameters options, String[] sources)
      at Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.System.CodeDom.Compiler.ICodeCompiler.CompileAssemblyFromSourceBatch(CompilerParameters options, String[] sources)
      at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeDomProvider.CompileAssemblyFromSource(CompilerParameters options, String[] sources)
      at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String ns, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters xmlParameters, Evidence evidence)
      at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAssembly(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable assemblies)
      at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, String location, Evidence evidence)
      at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.GenerateTempAssembly(XmlMapping xmlMapping, Type type, String defaultNamespace)
      at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type, String defaultNamespace)
      at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type)
      at PokerStrategyElephant.LayoutManager.LoadLayoutXML(String fileName)
      at PokerStrategyElephant.LayoutManager.InitExtraHudLayouts()
      at PokerStrategyElephant.MainForm.InitHUDLayout()
      2010-06-22 11:21:52,250 - 124015 (UTC:2010-06-22 08:21:52,250) [1] ERROR PBNLogger: Exception caught in Boolean PBN.Database.PostgreSQL.InitializeConnection(System.String ByRef)
      -------------------- Npgsql.NpgsqlException --------------------
      - Message: FATAL: 28000: password authentication failed for user "elephant"
      - Severity: FATAL
      - Code: 28000
      - BaseMessage: password authentication failed for user "elephant"
      - Detail:
      - Hint:
      - Position:
      - Where:
      - File: .\src\backend\libpq\auth.c
      - Line: 273
      - Routine: auth_failed
      - ErrorSql:
      - Errors: System.Collections.ArrayList
      - ErrorCode: -2147467259
      - TargetSite: Boolean MoveNext()
      - Source: Npgsql
      - StackTrace:
      at Npgsql.NpgsqlState.<ProcessBackendResponses_Ver_3>d__a.MoveNext()
      at Npgsql.NpgsqlState.IterateThroughAllResponses(IEnumerable`1 ienum)
      at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectedState.Startup(NpgsqlConnector context)
      at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.Open()
      at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.GetPooledConnector(NpgsqlConnection Connection)
      at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.RequestPooledConnectorInternal(NpgsqlConnection Connection)
      at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.RequestPooledConnector(NpgsqlConnection Connection)
      at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.RequestConnector(NpgsqlConnection Connection)
      at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection.Open()
      at PBN.Database.PostgreSQL.InitializeConnection(String& in_sBinPath)
      2010-06-22 11:21:56,828 - 128593 (UTC:2010-06-22 08:21:56,828) [1] ERROR PBNLogger: Exception caught in System.Collections.Generic.List`1[PokerStrategyElephant.StatisticBeginner.StatisticBeginner+BeginnerScale] PokerStrategyElephant.StatisticBeginner.StatisticBeginner.LoadScaleRanges(System.String)
      file: C:\Program Files\PokerStrategy.com\PokerStrategy.com Elephant\ranges\nl_fullring.xml
      - Message: Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\vidasmile\Local Settings\Temp\b6enfars.dll'.
      - FileName: C:\Documents and Settings\vidasmile\Local Settings\Temp\b6enfars.dll
      - StackTrace:
      at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
      at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
      at Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.FromFileBatch(CompilerParameters options, String[] fileNames)
      at Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.FromSourceBatch(CompilerParameters options, String[] sources)
      at Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.System.CodeDom.Compiler.ICodeCompiler.CompileAssemblyFromSourceBatch(CompilerParameters options, String[] sources)
      at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeDomProvider.CompileAssemblyFromSource(CompilerParameters options, String[] sources)
      at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String ns, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters xmlParameters, Evidence evidence)
      at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAssembly(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable assemblies)
      at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, String location, Evidence evidence)
      at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.GenerateTempAssembly(XmlMapping xmlMapping, Type type, String defaultNamespace)
      at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type, String defaultNamespace)
      at PokerStrategyElephant.StatisticBeginner.StatisticBeginner.LoadScaleRanges(String file)
      2010-06-22 11:22:00,578 - 132343 (UTC:2010-06-22 08:22:00,578) [1] ERROR PBNLogger: Exception caught in System.Collections.Generic.List`1[PokerStrategyElephant.StatisticBeginner.StatisticBeginner+BeginnerScale] PokerStrategyElephant.StatisticBeginner.StatisticBeginner.LoadScaleRanges(System.String)
      file: C:\Program Files\PokerStrategy.com\PokerStrategy.com Elephant\ranges\fl_fullring.xml
      - Message: Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\vidasmile\Local Settings\Temp\u_wddaqs.dll'.
      - FileName: C:\Documents and Settings\vidasmile\Local Settings\Temp\u_wddaqs.dll
      - StackTrace:
      at PokerStrategyElephant.StatisticBeginner.StatisticBeginner.LoadScaleRanges(String file)
      2010-06-22 11:22:01,500 - 133265 (UTC:2010-06-22 08:22:01,500) [1] ERROR PBNLogger: Exception caught in System.Collections.Generic.List`1[PokerStrategyElephant.StatisticBeginner.StatisticBeginner+BeginnerScale] PokerStrategyElephant.StatisticBeginner.StatisticBeginner.LoadScaleRanges(System.String)
      file: C:\Program Files\PokerStrategy.com\PokerStrategy.com Elephant\ranges\fl_shorthanded.xml
      - Message: Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\vidasmile\Local Settings\Temp\bdnkvc7t.dll'.
      - FileName: C:\Documents and Settings\vidasmile\Local Settings\Temp\bdnkvc7t.dll
      - StackTrace:
      2010-06-22 11:22:02,375 - 134140 (UTC:2010-06-22 08:22:02,375) [1] ERROR PBNLogger: Exception caught in System.Collections.Generic.List`1[PokerStrategyElephant.StatisticBeginner.StatisticBeginner+BeginnerScale] PokerStrategyElephant.StatisticBeginner.StatisticBeginner.LoadScaleRanges(System.String)
      file: C:\Program Files\PokerStrategy.com\PokerStrategy.com Elephant\ranges\nl_fullring.xml
      - Message: Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\vidasmile\Local Settings\Temp\536zrljl.dll'.
      - FileName: C:\Documents and Settings\vidasmile\Local Settings\Temp\536zrljl.dll
      - StackTrace:
      2010-06-22 11:22:03,562 - 135328 (UTC:2010-06-22 08:22:03,562) [1] ERROR PBNLogger: Exception caught in System.Collections.Generic.List`1[PokerStrategyElephant.StatisticBeginner.StatisticBeginner+BeginnerScale] PokerStrategyElephant.StatisticBeginner.StatisticBeginner.LoadScaleRanges(System.String)
      file: C:\Program Files\PokerStrategy.com\PokerStrategy.com Elephant\ranges\nl_shorthanded.xml
      - Message: Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\vidasmile\Local Settings\Temp\djrwf8kz.dll'.
      - FileName: C:\Documents and Settings\vidasmile\Local Settings\Temp\djrwf8kz.dll
      - StackTrace:
      2010-06-22 11:22:03,578 - 135343 (UTC:2010-06-22 08:22:03,578) [1] ERROR PBNLogger: Exception caught in Void PokerStrategyElephant.MainForm.Init()
      -------------------- System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException --------------------
      - Message: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
      Parameter name: index
      - ActualValue: <null>
      - ParamName: index
      - TargetSite: Void ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(System.ExceptionArgument, System.ExceptionResource)
      - StackTrace:
      at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
      at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
      at PokerStrategyElephant.MainForm.InitBeginnerScales()
      at PokerStrategyElephant.MainForm.SetLanguageStrings(Boolean updateStartPage)
      at PokerStrategyElephant.MainForm.Init()
      2010-06-22 11:22:05,734 - 137500 (UTC:2010-06-22 08:22:05,734) [1] INFO VersionUpdate: Starting background version check...
      2010-06-22 11:22:06,328 - 138093 (UTC:2010-06-22 08:22:06,328) [9] INFO VersionUpdate: Background version check finished.
      Latest Version: 0.76.548.1239
      NewVersionAvail: False
      IgnoreUpdateVersion:

2010-06-22 11:22:28,687 - 160453 (UTC:2010-06-22 08:22:28,687) [1] ERROR PBNLogger: Exception caught in Boolean PBN.Database.PostgreSQL.InitializeConnection(System.String ByRef)
      - Code: 3D000
      - BaseMessage: database "elephantdb" does not exist
      - Detail:
      - Hint:
      - Position:
      - Where:
      - File: .\src\backend\utils\init\postinit.c
      - Line: 422
      - Routine: InitPostgres
      - ErrorSql:
      - StackTrace:
      at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.RequestPooledConnectorInternal(NpgsqlConnection Connection)
      at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.RequestPooledConnector(NpgsqlConnection Connection)
      2010-06-22 11:22:28,734 - 160500 (UTC:2010-06-22 08:22:28,734) [1] ERROR PBNLogger: Exception caught in Boolean PBN.Database.PostgreSQL.InitializeConnection(System.String ByRef)
      - Code: 3D000
      - BaseMessage: database "elephantdb" does not exist
      - Detail:
      - Hint:
      - Position:
      - Where:
      - File: .\src\backend\utils\init\postinit.c
      - Line: 422
      - Routine: InitPostgres
      - ErrorSql:
      - StackTrace:
      2010-06-22 11:23:42,031 - 233796 (UTC:2010-06-22 08:23:42,031) [1] ERROR PokerStrategy.Elephant.NHibernate: Error updating database to current version
      -------------------- NHibernate.MappingException --------------------
      - Message: Could not compile the mapping document: PokerStrategy.Elephant.NHibernate.Mappings.PokerHand.Hand.hbm.xml
      - TargetSite: Void LogAndThrow(System.Exception)
      - Source: NHibernate
      - InnerException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException<none>
      - StackTrace:
      at NHibernate.Cfg.Configuration.LogAndThrow(Exception exception)
      at NHibernate.Cfg.Configuration.AddValidatedDocument(NamedXmlDocument doc)
      at NHibernate.Cfg.Configuration.ProcessMappingsQueue()
      at NHibernate.Cfg.Configuration.AddDocumentThroughQueue(NamedXmlDocument document)
      at NHibernate.Cfg.Configuration.AddXmlReader(XmlReader hbmReader, String name)
      at NHibernate.Cfg.Configuration.AddInputStream(Stream xmlInputStream, String name)
      at NHibernate.Cfg.Configuration.AddResource(String path, Assembly assembly)
      at NHibernate.Cfg.Configuration.AddAssembly(Assembly assembly)
      at PokerStrategy.Elephant.NHibernate.NHibernateHelper.CreateSingleton(String connectionString)
      at PokerStrategy.Elephant.NHibernate.NHibernateHelper.get_SessionFactory()
      at PokerStrategy.Elephant.NHibernate.SessionLayer.get_Session()
      at PokerStrategy.Elephant.NHibernate.SessionLayer.Linq[T]()
      at PokerStrategy.Elephant.NHibernate.Repositories.VersionHistoryRepository.GetHighestVersion()
      at PokerStrategy.Elephant.NHibernate.DatabaseMaintenance.TryUpdateDatabase()
      - Message: Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\vidasmile\Local Settings\Temp\wzebjsoz.dll'.
      - FileName: C:\Documents and Settings\vidasmile\Local Settings\Temp\wzebjsoz.dll
      - StackTrace:
      at NHibernate.Cfg.XmlHbmBinding.Binder.Deserialize[T](XmlNode node)
      at NHibernate.Cfg.XmlHbmBinding.MappingRootBinder.Bind(XmlNode node)
      2010-06-22 11:23:42,078 - 233843 (UTC:2010-06-22 08:23:42,078) [1] ERROR PBNLogger: Exception caught in Boolean PokerStrategyElephant.MainForm.UseDatabase(PokerStrategyElephant.DatabaseDescription, Boolean): Cannot export nHibernate schema
      -------------------- NHibernate.MappingException --------------------
      - Message: Could not compile the mapping document: PokerStrategy.Elephant.NHibernate.Mappings.PokerHand.Hand.hbm.xml
      - TargetSite: Void LogAndThrow(System.Exception)
      - Source: NHibernate
      - InnerException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException<none>
      - StackTrace:
      at NHibernate.Cfg.Configuration.LogAndThrow(Exception exception)
      at NHibernate.Cfg.Configuration.ProcessMappingsQueue()
      at NHibernate.Cfg.Configuration.AddDocumentThroughQueue(NamedXmlDocument document)
      at NHibernate.Cfg.Configuration.AddXmlReader(XmlReader hbmReader, String name)
      at NHibernate.Cfg.Configuration.AddInputStream(Stream xmlInputStream, String name)
      at NHibernate.Cfg.Configuration.AddResource(String path, Assembly assembly)
      at NHibernate.Cfg.Configuration.AddAssembly(Assembly assembly)
      at PokerStrategy.Elephant.NHibernate.NHibernateHelper.CreateSingleton(String connectionString)
      at PokerStrategy.Elephant.NHibernate.NHibernateHelper.get_SessionFactory()
      at PokerStrategy.Elephant.NHibernate.SessionLayer.get_Session()
      at PokerStrategy.Elephant.NHibernate.SessionLayer.Linq[T]()
      at PokerStrategy.Elephant.NHibernate.Repositories.VersionHistoryRepository.GetHighestVersion()
      at PokerStrategy.Elephant.NHibernate.DatabaseMaintenance.TryUpdateDatabase()
      at PokerStrategyElephant.MainForm.UseDatabase(DatabaseDescription usedDatabase, Boolean doPatch)
      - Message: Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\vidasmile\Local Settings\Temp\wzebjsoz.dll'.
      - FileName: C:\Documents and Settings\vidasmile\Local Settings\Temp\wzebjsoz.dll
      - StackTrace:
      at NHibernate.Cfg.XmlHbmBinding.Binder.Deserialize[T](XmlNode node)
      at NHibernate.Cfg.XmlHbmBinding.MappingRootBinder.Bind(XmlNode node)
      2010-06-22 11:23:52,953 - 244718 (UTC:2010-06-22 08:23:52,953) [1] ERROR PBNLogger: Exception caught in System.Collections.Generic.List`1[PokerStrategyElephant.StatisticBeginner.StatisticBeginner+BeginnerScale] PokerStrategyElephant.StatisticBeginner.StatisticBeginner.LoadScaleRanges(System.String)
      file: C:\Program Files\PokerStrategy.com\PokerStrategy.com Elephant\ranges\fl_fullring.xml
      - Message: Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\vidasmile\Local Settings\Temp\ja9zg7rj.dll'.
      - FileName: C:\Documents and Settings\vidasmile\Local Settings\Temp\ja9zg7rj.dll
      - StackTrace:
      2010-06-22 11:24:05,203 - 256968 (UTC:2010-06-22 08:24:05,203) [1] ERROR PBNLogger: Exception caught in System.Collections.Generic.List`1[PokerStrategyElephant.StatisticBeginner.StatisticBeginner+BeginnerScale] PokerStrategyElephant.StatisticBeginner.StatisticBeginner.LoadScaleRanges(System.String)
      - Message: Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\vidasmile\Local Settings\Temp\_1xikjas.dll'.
      - FileName: C:\Documents and Settings\vidasmile\Local Settings\Temp\_1xikjas.dll
      - StackTrace:
      2010-06-22 11:24:06,062 - 257828 (UTC:2010-06-22 08:24:06,062) [1] ERROR PBNLogger: Exception caught in System.Collections.Generic.List`1[PokerStrategyElephant.StatisticBeginner.StatisticBeginner+BeginnerScale] PokerStrategyElephant.StatisticBeginner.StatisticBeginner.LoadScaleRanges(System.String)
      - Message: Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\vidasmile\Local Settings\Temp\pbtt6kkt.dll'.
      - FileName: C:\Documents and Settings\vidasmile\Local Settings\Temp\pbtt6kkt.dll
      - StackTrace:
      2010-06-22 11:25:33,281 - 345046 (UTC:2010-06-22 08:25:33,281) [1] ERROR PBNLogger: Exception caught in System.Collections.Generic.List`1[PokerStrategyElephant.StatisticBeginner.StatisticBeginner+BeginnerScale] PokerStrategyElephant.StatisticBeginner.StatisticBeginner.LoadScaleRanges(System.String)
      - Message: Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\vidasmile\Local Settings\Temp\751tbflx.dll'.
      - FileName: C:\Documents and Settings\vidasmile\Local Settings\Temp\751tbflx.dll
      - StackTrace:
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hi vidasmile,

the fatal error:

- Message: FATAL: 28000: password authentication failed for user "elephant"

comes up when the database login credentials are wrong or missing, in this case the password authentication for the user named "elephant" failed.

The standard password for this user is:

"elephant"

Please try to login using this password.

Cheers,
      L.