FTP and PS play accounts without PStrategy refferal code

• Torm3nt
      Torm3nt
      Bronze
      Hello,

I have created accounts with play money on both FTP and stars only to try the platforms out and I was unaware of the fact that IF I do not supply the PokerStrategy bonus code at the beginning I will not be able to link pstrategy with the respective platforms(I have been playing on Party until now, but I cashed out and wanted to move my funds on FTP).

I sent a couple of mails and they said that no exception can be made and that I cannot use the Poker Strategy bonuses. They said that they can offer me similar promotions, but I told them that I want to link the gaming account with PStr so I can also receive poker strategy points.

I know this is my mistake of not being well-informed but I find the platforms to be very strict. I mean, what's the harm if they allow me to open that account? After all, the accounts created were only using play money. I also proposed to open another account and they said that it is not possible...

Is there any way around this?

Thanks,
      Dan
  • 2 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Dan,

I totally understand your frustration, I think we all have accounts on various platforms before finding PokerStrategy and of course are unable to retrack any of these.

Occasionally in the past, the odd member has successfully retracked a "play money only" account, but the decision remains solely at the platforms discretion.

The reason that platforms are reluctant to retrack accounts is due to income/cost reasons and to be honest I can totally understand their point.

There is a cost involved in attracting new players to the platform, e.g. cost of advertising, the first deposit bonuses and other promotions etc. This incurred cost is ultimately paid for by you paying rake on a real money account (their "income").
      Affiliates such as PokerStrategy also pay out vast sums of money on advertising etc and provide platforms with lots of new players each year. In return, platforms like Full Tilt provide the affiliate with a small part of the rake paid by each of their "own" players in return which helps to cover their own incurred costs.

In your situation however, Full Tilt did all the leg work and incurred the costs, but has yet to receive any income from you. They are naturally reluctant to give up some of the future income you would generate to an affiliate that was not involved in your initial approach to themselves.

As mentioned, this is entirely at the decretion of Full Tilt, but from previous experience, If you are unable to get agreement to retrack to PokerStrategy (1st choice obviously), I would recommend you accepting their alternative plan which should at least entitle you to some rakeback.
      You wouldn't be entitled to any PokerStrategy points of course, but can continue to earn PokerStrategy points through play on any other tracked PokerStrategy account on other platforms.

Oops, sorry for the "book" I've just written, didn't seem quite so long in my head before typing :D

If you have any questions or would like clarification on any aspect, don't hesitate to shout.

Best regards,

Bart
    • Torm3nt
      Torm3nt
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, well its too bad I had those accounts on Tilt and Stars.

Anyway, I deposited my money on Titan Poker for the time being. I decided that its better this way, and when I'll play higher limits I'll consider joining Tilt/Stars with alternative promotions.