Motivation to learn?

• 9 replies
    • Ohmu
      Ohmu
      Bronze
      Puschkin81, you may slap me for doing this ;)
      I know that this wasn't in the sample hands forums and it wasn't the same "why?" question. And I do know that this was meant as a joke (I do hope so), but still..
      Fun to see how one can get down to a basic member when someone suggests asking quesitons from you and now you encourage people to bug other PokerStrategy employees :)

Originally posted by Puschkin81Therefore, if a professional who is judging hands says something like "raise turn": Ask why! His purpose is to answer your questions » keep him busy.
      And some time ago:

Originally posted by frzl
      and he gets paid for this so you should needle him a bit more ;)
      Originally posted by Puschkin81
      Hi frzl!

Stop this! Otherwise you are a basic member in a few seconds ;) :P

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81

Besides that, a nice read. Although it might not get people who aren't motivated motivated. (Lucky I'm motivated when I have the time! :) )
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      *slap* ;)

Yes, of course this was a joke. Everyone should ask questions if he or she doesn't understand something.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Can you write one on how to motivate yourself to PLAY poker? ;)
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Puschkin you owe us an essay about your own poker career. X( X(
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I started reading pokerbooks:P No motivation loosing money in the NL 10 level:D
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      I second the playing motivator article; reading, thinking and calculating are both easy and automatic, playing is work and winning or losing hundreds of dollars isn't easy.
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      Really great essay thank you for writing this :D

vladnz
    • hippycritt0420
      hippycritt0420
      Bronze
      thats quite the read!!

its a struggle for all of us bronze players im sure :) especially when we read the post of ppl who skip the strategy and brag that there up to 400 or whatever the case may be... but on the same hand im learning from other ppls mistakes and not about to go broke anytime soon :)

i appreciate all the info and the help of all the mods on this site.. i make sure i get a bit of reading in everyday and i know it don't happen overnight considering with my ups and downs im still sitting at $60 :(
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Thank you guys!

@ hippycrit0420: Don't worry. At the beginning of my poker career I had a slow start myself. But I moved up by learning and playing ;)

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81