Stacks:
      Hero ($17.17)
      UTG+1 ($5.59)
      CO ($8.03)
      BTN ($5.03)
      SB ($4.50)
      BB ($2.64)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is UTG A:spade: 10:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.35, UTG+1 calls $0.35, CO calls $0.35, 2 folds, BB calls $0.25

Flop: 5:heart: 10:diamond: 5:spade: ($1.45, 4 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.90, UTG+1 calls $0.90, 1 fold, BB folds

Turn: Q:diamond: ($3.25, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1.70, UTG+1 goes all-in $4.34, Hero calls $2.64

River: 5:club: ($11.93, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Opp @ UTG+1: 30/12/2.1 over 60 hands

Pre: Borderline raise, but as I've been rather passive - standard.

Flop: Now, at this point - I have TPTK and this is 4-way pot so I'm just betting to get Kx, Qx, Jx or any other stuff that can easly improve out of the pot.

Turn: Being oop sucks, but I just bet it with intention to call if he shoves. At this point I feel kinda stuck. If I c/c turn and river - it's still all in for him. If I c/f, it would seem like putting him on 5x or Qx he called flop with, that seems too narrow for me.

Any opinions?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Unless that guy is fit-or-fold on the flop it's probably not that narrow a range, 30/12 guys can easily not fold broadways on the flop or call preflop with 5x. I'd still bet the turn like you did however because Tx is also a likely hand for him to have and he'll never fold it, so we need to bet to stack those hands by the river.

When he jams on your it's obviously ugly and we're not that happy but bad players will surprise you daily, a lot of them just understand pot commitment the wrong way and can shove Tx there just figuring there isn't all that much money left. If they floated with diamonds or J9/KJ they'll probably also make that shove. I think given the odds you likely have to call unless your read on villain is that he's just too passive to go off like that with those hands.

Hope it helps.