4 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

CO ($6.32)
      BTN ($8.81)
      Hero ($9.90)
      BB ($11.77)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 4 players) Hero is SB K:diamond: Q:diamond:
      1 fold, BTN calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.30

Flop: K:club: J:heart: 7:club: ($0.90, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, BTN raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.60

Turn: J:club: ($3.30, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: 4:diamond: ($3.30, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3.30, Hero calls $3.30

Opp: 46/16/2.6 over 80 hands

Pre: Standard.

Flop: Minraise. Sucks. Against such a player was thinking about 3betting, but called it to let him make moves.

Turn: Sucks. FD landed (it's not really likely he raised with that on flop, but still) and now I'm even behind Jx hands. Just some KT, K9 and some other stuff left, but I'm c/c if he's not potting it or like that.

River: Pot bet is kinda strong move, but river card doesn't change much. Should I just fold it and wait for better spots to call pot sized bet?

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

UTG ($15.10)
      CO ($13.43)
      BTN ($1.85)
      SB ($9.38)
      Hero ($10.17)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is BB Q:spade: K:spade:
      UTG calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, UTG calls $0.25

Flop: 6:diamond: 5:diamond: K:club: ($0.75, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, UTG calls $0.40

Turn: 9:spade: ($1.55, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, UTG calls $1.20

River: 8:spade: ($3.95, 2 players)
      Hero bets $2.30, UTG calls $2.30

Opp: 62/14/3.1 over 300 hands

Pre & Flop: Standard.

Turn: I still can bet here against Kx, draws and I believe that he would raise his two pair or better.

River: Can I still bet for value? 7x is not in his range (unless K7), but now there are just few Kx hands left I beat, FD will fold and so on.

Any opinions?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

If you believe your opponent is capable of raising with draws and stuff in that spot just 3-bet and call a shove, the board is way too ugly for you to play check/call out of position when literally half the deck is an awful card for your hand on the turn. Even if he's on pure air you'll usually have to fold if he continues to bet on ugly cards.

As played flip a coin on the river really, just because he checked back the turn doesn't mean he doesn't have a very strong hand, that's actually a common thing for bad players to check back the turn with the nuts in position. Then again they also don't understand that a bet/check/bet line sucks as a bluff until you're up against people who are able to put you on a valuebet when you do that, so they just go "damn flush got there i check. oh wait he didn't bet twice and i still have nothing, i'll bluff at it now." It all depends on whether you think he can raise clubs on the flop or not. If the answers is yes I'd likely fold, if the answer is no it makes his range incredibly polarized so assuming he can make that flop raise with air you have a license to call it off.

Bet more on the flop, that guy doesn't care. Get as much value as you can while you can.

Bet/fold on the turn is fine, there is still way too much value to be had for us to consider not betting and unless he's capable of raising the turn with draws you don't beat much of his range for doing that.

The river sucks big time, a lot of his random somewhat connected medium cards made two pairs or a straight at that point and you beat less and less Kx hands. Without a solid read on what he'll do when you check to him I think blockbet/folding is the safest option, you'll still get some value if you're ahead and it'll prevent you from making a big mistake by check/calling against a nutted range or check/folding against his bluffs if you have no clue how likely he is to bluff diamonds.

NH overall.

Hope it helps.