$10.05
      BB:
      $3.10
      MP2:
      $14.21
      MP3:
      $11.60

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6, 6.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.35, BU folds, Hero calls $0.30, BB calls $0.25.

Flop: ($1.05) K, Q, 6 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.70,

CO 16/13 70hands
      BB unknown

is it ok to donk here? bet more/less?
      what if somebody raises me, can i go broke here or it depends on villain?
  • 4 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Yeah donkbet here is fine. You can't expect people to bluff in a 3way pot on a monotone board. I would bet pot sized however cause I'm not happy to see another hit the board.
      You could go for a check/raise but I generally just believe this is a better spot to be donkbetting cause you still have a the BB in the hand and he has to make his action before it gets back to the pre-flop aggresor. So you'll allow the BB to call your bet before the CO makes his action, thus trapping another bet in the pot. You'd probably miss out on this value if you check/raised as the BB would check to the CO often and fold after your 3bet. In addition to all this (or if you didn't understand a word of what I just tried to say :P ) just remember that you prefer if it doesn't get checked around in this board.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Mstlc
      Yeah donkbet here is fine. You can't expect people to bluff in a 3way pot on a monotone board. I would bet pot sized however cause I'm not happy to see another hit the board.
      You could go for a check/raise but I generally just believe this is a better spot to be donkbetting cause you still have a the BB in the hand and he has to make his action before it gets back to the pre-flop aggresor. So you'll allow the BB to call your bet before the CO makes his action, thus trapping another bet in the pot. You'd probably miss out on this value if you check/raised as the BB would check to the CO often and fold after your 3bet. In addition to all this (or if you didn't understand a word of what I just tried to say :P ) just remember that you prefer if it doesn't get checked around in this board.
      This sounds good for the donking/not donking part.

As for what to do if you get raised, it always depends on villain :> If BB shoves we're calling no question. If the tight CO raises we need him to be able to have stuff like AsX, AsKx or KQ to warrant going broke, otherwise we're always up against a bigger set or a flush and we're so not good against that range. I think most 16/13 will just call with AsKx, KQ is dicey, AsX is possible. When in doubt you likely still have to felt it but there certainly are tight guys out there against whom you'd need to fold, as sad as it sounds.

Hope it helps.
    • TedKell
      TedKell
      Basic
      Isn't the button also re-raising a hand like A-K, A-Q, K-Q, K-J to protect his hand? A flopped flush is pretty rare, and I doubt I'm ever folding here if shoved on. The only thing you have to worry about is a bigger set. Even if it comes to the worst, and you get it all-in against the flopped flush, you still have decent equity to improve to the FH.

Most players these stakes are likely to call with the draw and bet strong with made hands (like A-K.)

Mind you, I'm only a casual player playing .05/.10, so my advice/analysis may sound stupid ;P
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Surely it doesn't :) Only problem is 16/13 type regs at microstakes usually don't think that deep and the "it's a monotone board" effect usually freezes them enough that they'll just call with a lot of hands you consider strong enough to raise. Some of them somewhat realize if they get shoved on after raising it's ugly, while others don't even get that far.

Hope it helps.