Quiz of the week: Ace high with Initiative

• djma123
      djma123
      Bronze
      Dear PokerStrategists,

Ace high can be many things post-flop. Sometimes it's a made hand already, sometimes you can still draw the best hand and sometimes it's just trash.

Opabumbi has created a new quiz in which you can test yourself and your ace high play while having the initiave, meaning that you were the aggressor pre-flop. Don't forget to take the different board textures and player types into account!

Good luck and don't forget to share your thoughts and results in this thread!
  • 4 replies
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      12/20

Question 3 says that it is a clear valuebet (AT on 9977 board against MP2). Valuebet against what? MP2 either has Ax too or is ahead of us with pocket pairs. He's not going to call Kx or Qx. So the only reason to bet there would be to protect against 6-outers.
    • TedKell
      TedKell
      Basic
      15/20. Not a bad result. I play very low stakes (trying to anaylse the play of a .02/.04 or a 1 doller SNG player is almost impossible), so I'm not used to such levels of thinking. I'm rather impressed with my result.
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by taavi1337
      Question 3 says that it is a clear valuebet (AT on 9977 board against MP2). Valuebet against what? MP2 either has Ax too or is ahead of us with pocket pairs. He's not going to call Kx or Qx. So the only reason to bet there would be to protect against 6-outers.
    • Dawnfall26
      Dawnfall26
      Black
      Hi!

Its more a protection bet but also valuebetting applies. Since he didnt raise flop he rarely has a pair so his most likely hands are overcards which have up to 6 outs against you.Hand like KQ may even be thinking about calling down even though that might not be the best thing to do.