Rather Excited!!

• TedKell
      TedKell
      Basic
      Hello there. My names Eddie. My son recently introduced me to poker. He told me about this site, and how it's a great way to really get started in the online poker world. I'm still awaiting my 50$ capital (sent them my ID, had to send it again because it "wasn't clear enough". Dang webcam".) but I was so eager to play that I used my sons account on Pokerstars to play some fixed limit Hold'em.. Anyhow, played at some of the lowest stakes possible with 10 dollers on the table, heres how it went (taken from my sons fancy poker software):

https://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4482/57813589.png

But, I do have a few questions.. Is this a reasonable profit for a begginer playing at the 5 cent 10 cent cash tables? Or is the sample just too small to tell?

P.S. I'm an old skool razz/Stud HI/LO player (used to play for fun at our local hall).

Looking forward to seeing you at the talbes!

-ED
  • 5 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello TedKell,

First of all let me welcome you to PokerStrategy. If you have any questions that please feel free to ask away.

To be honest with you any profit when you are a beginner is good no matter how small or how big it is :)

When you are a beginning player the most important things to concentrate on are 1) Bankroll Management and 2) taking the time to really study your chose game.

We here at Pokerstrategy offer a wide variety of resources that are all aimed at helping you to become a better and more knowledgeable poker player in the future.

So please take your take your time to browse the various different benefits of your free membership here:

We also have a very active and friendly community here with lots of hugely experienced members who are keen to pass on their thoughts, expertise and experience to fellow members.

I wish you all the luck at playing poker, and most importantly, to enjoy it ;) . I am looking forward to seeing you active within the forums soon :) .

Best regards,
      -Steve
    • TedKell
      TedKell
      Basic
      Hello there Steve =D It's great to meet you. I decided to stick with the limit games, since that's what I do best. No idea how I'm going to fare in the NL games.. I'm already planning my bank roll, and I think it's full proof.. 1.00+0.10 doller Double or Nothings on Poker stars. My 50 doller should be well more than enough to beat the variation. If I'm lucky enough to climb my way to 100 dollers, I'll be playing the same 1.00+0.10 doller double or nothings, but I'll also be playing their 180 man SNG's. If I'm lucy enough to make it all the way to 200 dollers, I'll be playing thier 5.00+0.50 doller SNG double or nothings.

I'm hoping to avoid the cash tables until I'm rolled for the 25 cent 50 cent tables, which is a long shot, considering I need around 2,000 dollers for that :baby:

P.S. Can we allow people who have passed the quiz to watch bronze member videos ?( ? Atm, I only get 4 mins!! It's killing me D=
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey TedKell,

As soon as you have received your 1st SP from your linked account then you will automatically be upgraded to Bronze where you can access all the articles, videos, coachings etc.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • TedKell
      TedKell
      Basic
      Blah.. Once again, the images are not clear enough. I've tried two different cameras, uploaded several images of each at a time, and still not good enough.. Any suggestions for upping the quality ? Better camera? (Unfortunately, I dunno anyone with a scanner..)
    • MichaelM
      MichaelM
      Bronze
      Better camera could do indeed the trick.
      Copy shops usually have scanners. Maybe you have one in the neighbourhood?