This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 33 multi-way pot

• sicazoRsb
      sicazoRsb
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $20.42
      SB:
      $9.93
      BB:
      $10.00
      MP2:
      $8.06
      MP3:
      $10.10
      CO (Hero):
      $13.21

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3, 3.
      MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.10, BU calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.5) 7, 3, J (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.30, BU folds, SB calls $0.30, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.4) 5 (3 players)
      SB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.80, SB calls $0.80, MP2 folds.

River: ($3) 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.00, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.

I don't know what I have to do in this kind of situation. I guess he call a draw and value bet the river when he complete it, I don't think he bet the river with a J or 2 pair. So, to call or not to call?
  • 2 replies
    • TedKell
      TedKell
      Basic
      I think you made the correct play here.. 5 way to the flop, someone must have been on a strong draw! Although, his lead out of half pot looks pretty weak. I imagine with a flush, he'd look to go 2/3, not 1/3 the pot. Personally though, I see myself mucking or re-raising to blow him off a 10/9 high flush (although, not reccomended at these stakes ;P)

If you ever find yourself in this situtation agian, I'd bet alot stronger on the turn (1.10 into 1.40). Get more information, protect your hand from draws, get value from a worse hand.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Just bet 4/5 pot twice on flop/turn. There are enough people in the hand that it's worth protecting your hand and usually those players don't care about the few extra bb's when they have a draw, so it won't change their calling ranges.

River is pretty close given the odds we're getting, I could see stuff like 65/76 playing like that, probably a random 4x for a straight as well. Tho I do expect to see a flush the majority of the time, we only need to be good 20% of the time in that spot to show a profit by calling. Without reads I'd say just follow your guts and learn from the showdown if you decide to call, it's just a gray spot where you're not making a big mistake either way.

Hope it helps.