$10.00
      MP2:
      $8.06
      MP3:
      $10.10
      CO (Hero):
      $13.21

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3, 3.
      MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.10, BU calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.5) 7, 3, J (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.30, BU folds, SB calls $0.30, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.4) 5 (3 players)
      SB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.80, SB calls $0.80, MP2 folds.

River: ($3) 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.00, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.

I don't know what I have to do in this kind of situation. I guess he call a draw and value bet the river when he complete it, I don't think he bet the river with a J or 2 pair. So, to call or not to call?
  • 2 replies
    • TedKell
      TedKell
      Basic
      I think you made the correct play here.. 5 way to the flop, someone must have been on a strong draw! Although, his lead out of half pot looks pretty weak. I imagine with a flush, he'd look to go 2/3, not 1/3 the pot. Personally though, I see myself mucking or re-raising to blow him off a 10/9 high flush (although, not reccomended at these stakes ;P)

If you ever find yourself in this situtation agian, I'd bet alot stronger on the turn (1.10 into 1.40). Get more information, protect your hand from draws, get value from a worse hand.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Just bet 4/5 pot twice on flop/turn. There are enough people in the hand that it's worth protecting your hand and usually those players don't care about the few extra bb's when they have a draw, so it won't change their calling ranges.

River is pretty close given the odds we're getting, I could see stuff like 65/76 playing like that, probably a random 4x for a straight as well. Tho I do expect to see a flush the majority of the time, we only need to be good 20% of the time in that spot to show a profit by calling. Without reads I'd say just follow your guts and learn from the showdown if you decide to call, it's just a gray spot where you're not making a big mistake either way.

Hope it helps.