[NL2-NL10] NL10 AKo

• sykora808
      0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.84 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Hero: $10
      MP3: $25.5

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:diamond: , K:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP3 calls $0.40, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) A:club: , Q:heart: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.7, MP3 raises to $25.10 (All-In), Hero ?

What should I be considering in this hand?
      Is this an easy fold to such a gross overbet?

Thanks in advance.
  • 3 replies
    • TedKell
      Wow. I mean, who makes this sort of play for such a small pot ?!? Maybe he was drunk? It's such a dry board, sets/strong aces/two pair kind hands don't have much to worry about. I'm personally making this call, but mostly because I'm a donky that assumes everyone else is weak/always bluffin.

My guess: Call and watch him catch his gut-shot.
    • MaestroOfZerg

A few months ago I'd have called it without so much as thinking about it. These days I see more and more people simply overbet jam the nuts on the flop for no good reason, likely something like "ahah I have the nuts so I go all-in and hope somebody calls."

Without reads it likely still won't be enough for me to risk passing up on a free stack in case he's just retarded, but if you haven't seen him do much up until that moment I think the chances increase that he shows you AQ/22. Unless you have a reason to believe he's tight, just call it off and don't overthink it, it just hurts to try and think when you don't have any reads to build upon.

Hope it helps.
    • sykora808
      Yeah I thought the same thing and i did call.
      He had AA =.=;
      Thanks for the advice =]